BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Swimlane/SOAR Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance:Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
5+ years of professional experience
Metronome has an immediate need for a Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Engineer to join our DHS Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) Team. The ideal SOAR Engineer will work in a cross-functional capacity to identify, propose, design, develop, implement, integrate, and maintain security. The SOAR Engineer must be a cybersecurity and technical expert with the ability to clearly identify, capture, articulate, design, implement, and maintain security operations uses cases, including developing integration code to provide interoperability between disparate IT and security solutions and infrastructure components. The SOAR Engineer must have a solid background in cybersecurity technologies, including deploying enterprise platforms, conducting demonstrations, creating product documentation, training security analysts, and sustaining enterprise technology services. Additionally, the engineer must have a solid understanding of security operations, incident response, threat management, and enterprise IT and security engineering. The SOAR Engineers provide expert support for the analysis, development and integration of the Swimlane SOAR Platform along with providing technical expertise to operational users. Works on complex technical problems and provides innovative solutions. Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Design, implement, and maintain Swimlane infrastructure Develop and maintain custom Swimlane application for ESOC IR workflow (e.g. create custom application to automate intel gathering)
- Develop and maintain Swimlane Case Management system to support an Enterprise ticketing system.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Swimlane problem identification and resolution
- Create and maintain user, administrator, engineering, and compliance/accreditation documentation
- Manage and implement integration between components, ESOC, and security tools (e.g. send/receive data from component Swimlane, establish API connection with ESOC and OneNet network security stack, etc)
- Work with external teams to establish service accounts and/or API access
- Quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in writing and network diagrams/illustrations
- Ensure SOAR capabilities are operational and developed to anticipate infrastructure growth
- Experience with SOAR platforms such as Swimlane, Phantom, Demisto, etc
- 2 years experience in SOAR Solution Engineering
- Expert proficiency in Python scripting
- Experience deploying in high availability environments using Kubernetes
- Experience managing and maintaining MongoDB
- General networking knowledge to include operation of routers, firewalls, DNS, DHCP, subnetting, VPNs and Web Proxies
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- Swimlane Certified SOAR Administrator (SCSA)
- Swimlane Certified SOAR Developer (SCSD)
- Proven experience deploying and supporting Swimlane
- Experience in security process mapping, security process analysis, security process improvement concepts, models, and best practices
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills