BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Swimlane Developer
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: Secret Clearance and DHS EOD.
Required Education: Bachelor's degree
5+ years of professional experience
Metronome has an immediate need for a Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) developer. The ideal SOAR Developer is someone who is process driven, efficient, and strives to remove tedium from daily workflows. The developer will provide an Agile DevSecOps approach to the modernization of cybersecurity operations, along with responding to emergent development requirements from Security Operations. The ideal candidate will be flexible and ready to work within a DevSecOps model, which includes incident response operations and development engineers participating together in the entire lifecycle, from design through the development process to production support.
- Automate Security Incident Response processes providing the ability to analyze and resolve alerts from existing security tools leveraging a single stream management system
- Develop and maintain custom Swimlane applications for ESOC IR workflow (e.g. create custom application to automate intelligence gathering)
- Assist with process development and process improvement for Security Operations to include creation/modification of SOPs, Playbooks, and Work instructions
- Organization of requirements into user stories that are Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimable, Small and Testable
- Integrate SOAR platform with other security tools and APIs to execute automated workflows
- Author, test, and maintain automation scripts/workflows within SOAR platform
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient and reusable Python code
- Review, debug, and resolve technical issues throughout all stages of SDLC
- Coordinate with System Administrators, Engineers, and ISSOs to provision service accounts and/or grant required permissions
- Measure effectiveness of process improvement and automation efforts via metrics and KPIs
- Experience with SOAR platforms such as Swimlane, Phantom, Demisto, etc
- Experience in security process mapping, security process analysis, security process improvement concepts, models, and best practices required
- Proficient in Python scripting
- Experience as a SOC Analyst and/or Incident Responder
- Experience authoring SOC SOPs, playbooks, work instructions and/or other process documents
- Familiarity with Splunk Search Processing Language (SPL) and/or Elastic Domain Specific Language (DSL)
- Proven Experience building consensus and managing cross-functional teams
- Experience in DevSecOps environment
- Swimlane Certified SOAR Administrator (SCSA)
- Swimlane Cerrified SOAR Developer (SCSD)
- Client-facing federal consulting and business analysis experience
Required Certification: One of the following below.
- CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills