- Job Title
- Field Technician
- Job ID
- Forest Park, GA
- Other Location
MasTec Advanced Technologies, a division of MasTec, Inc. - as seen on “Undercover Boss,” is one of the country's largest providers of installation services. The Security and Home Automation Team at MasTec Advanced Technologies installs home security and automation.
What do Field Technicians do?
Our Home Automation Pros (Field Technicians) are responsible for designing, installing, upgrading and repairing home security systems along with other home automation devices. Field Technicians use communication, technical knowledge, problem solving, and sales skills to deliver the highest level of customer service.
What we’re looking for:
- You take customer service seriously and set the example
- You know or are motivated to learn the latest technologies and you’re ready to master whatever’s next
- You enjoy multi-tasking and working independently
- You advise and recommend the best solutions and products to meet the customer’s needs
- You desire to continuously learn relevant new technologies
What’s in it for you?
- Paid Training
- Competitive wages
- High-quality tools to get you started
- Uniform, van and gas card
- Full medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401(k) with a company match that’s 100% vested (that’s free money)
- Paid time off
- Highly independent work environment and uncapped income potential
- 80% of our Managers started as Techs
Essential Responsibilities (a.k.a. A day in the life of a MasTec Field Technician):
- Responsible for working safely
- Prepare for installations, upgrades, repairs and disconnects by reviewing work orders, gathering equipment, supplies and tools and coordinating schedules with customers by pre-calling customers to verify appointments
- Manage inventory
- Plan installations by evaluating location, locating access and laying-out equipment and wiring plan.
- Establish security systems by installing equipment, programming and calibrating equipment while adhering to codes, regulations and standards.
- Conducts customer premise survey, makes recommendations on equipment placement, up-sells for complete protection, processes work order modifications and manages schedule impacts.
- Ensure that “World Class” customer service is provided to promote superior customer satisfaction by actively participating in individual and team efforts to support customer satisfaction.
How we’re protecting you:
We're committed to providing a safe environment for our employees and customers to protect against COVID 19. We are taking every precaution by implementing safety and sanitation measures, including providing our Technicians with face masks, hand sanitizers and sanitizing wipes and the proper training to ensure social distancing while in a customer’s home. We survey customers to ensure we aren’t entering a home where COVID is a concern, we often work outside, maintain distancing when inside work is needed, and with the number of contacts being smaller than most employment, we feel we can take steps to ensure a safe work environment.
MasTec Advanced Technologies has been closely and carefully evaluating the situation, and we will continue to make modifications as needed to help ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers.
EAGER TO START YOUR NEW CAREER WITH MASTEC? Text the word Mastec to 713-322-4224 to get the interview process started!
Does this sound like you? If so, we invite you to apply to MasTec today. Here, we work hard to set you up for success. Come join a leader in the industry today!