Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- Job Title
- Licensed Journeyman Electrician
- Job ID
- Denver, CO 80204
- Other Location
At Monad, our mission is to provide design, installation, and maintenance for all heat trace services in industrial and commercial sectors. Through thoughtful design, safe and efficient installations, cost effective maintenance solutions; our mission is to be your single source for all things heat trace.
Position: Industrial Journeyman Electrician
Here’s what you will be doing
Plan, layout, install, and repair wiring, electrical devices, and control equipment by performing the following duties. This position requires working closely with other trades in a team setting.
Job Requirements: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications, industry standards and local/ national codes.
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that company processes and guidelines are adhered to.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs electrical conduit and cable.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads and applying terminal caps or terminal blocks.
- Connects wiring to industrial devices and power equipment.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Tests continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as multimeter resistance tester or Megger.
- Repairs faulty equipment or systems.
- Assists others as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pre Employment Must be able to pass a pre employment drug and alcohol screening along with random testing administered quarterly. Potential employee must be insurable and hold a valid driver’s license with experience towing trailers.
Education and/or Experience: four year program certificate; or two years associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- OSHA 10 hour or greater
- MSHA (encouraged)
- PEC Safeland (encouraged)
- Forklift Equipment Certification
- Aerial Lift Equipment Certification
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Colorado Journeyman Electrician License
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, climb, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work Environment - The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. We work outdoors and in all weather conditions. Employees will be expected to come to work prepared for the day.
What We Offer
At Monad, we know that our greatest asset is our employees and that is why we offer generous benefits to support work-life balance. Here are the highlights:
- Medical benefits
- Pharmacy benefits
- Employee assistance programs
- Competitive pay
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid national holidays
- FSA and HSA spending accounts
- Commuter benefits program
- Life, personal accident and disability coverage
- Learning and development resources
- Coaching and mentoring
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.