Part Time Accounting Intern
- Job Title
- Part Time Accounting Intern
- Job ID
- JERICHO, NY 11753-1059
- Other Location
Summary: Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting activities. Compiles and maintains records of business transactions and supports the preparation and recording of client bills and payments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Help with month-end financial reports
- Help with bank statements reconciliation, as well as accounts payable and receivable
- Perform balance sheet reconciliation
- Assist with the preparation of ad hoc and other internal reports
- Ensure the completion of assigned tasks in line with established deadline
- Assist with the semi-annual physical inventory
- Work under supervision of other accountants
- File and scan document entries
- Support the payment processing team
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Updates existing and new client details in tax software.
- During tax season, additional responsibilities include logging client tax documents, providing client tax return status by checking log or tax software, assembling and mailing tax returns and e-filing.
- Assembling Tax Returns
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; meets commitments.
- Oral and Written Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification; writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- College students that are interested in working for an Accounting office or any office setting are encouraged to apply
- Work at least 20+ hours per week
- Willingness to work effectively both independently and on a team.