- Job Title
- Maintenance Technician
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32808
- Other Location
Desire to work for an organization that truly helps others?
If so, your opportunity is knocking!
Based in Orlando, Florida, PATHLIGHT HOME (registered service mark of Grand Avenue Economic Community Development Corp.) is a non-profit organization that provides economic opportunities and affordable housing for low-income individuals, including single, disabled homeless persons, a group rarely assisted in our community. The community includes full-time property management, after-hours security, and social/residential crisis prevention assistance.
Maxwell Garden and Maxwell Terrace
Do you believe in “doing the job right the first time?” Are you a hands-on professional that strives for quality? Do you place safety above all else? If so, we want to speak with you!
- Inspects electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and other equipment.
- Maintains minor repairs on maintenance work order requests.
- Assists with supervision of ground maintenance personnel and vendors.
- Acts as a custodian for all property departments.
- General repairs such as painting, patching walls, security hardware and minor landscaping maintenance.
- Under direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, diagnoses malfunctions, and determines repairs, service, and/or maintenance requirements on the property.
- Attends meetings, seminars, and courses for purpose of acquiring knowledge.
- Under direction of the Maintenance Supervisor, responds to emergency situations for purpose of resolving safety and operations problems.
- Maintains shop facilities in clean, safe, and orderly manner.
- Purchases supplies as needed.
- Direct and assist vendors and contractors when they come to the properties.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2+ years of general maintenance experience or other maintenance responsibilities such as painting, patching walls, security hardware and minor landscaping, electrical, plumbing and maintenance repairs.
- Ability to use office equipment such as fax, copier, and telephone for purpose of preparing, maintaining, and conveying information.
We work to maintain the best possible environment, where our employees can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative atmosphere where each individual feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.