BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
SQL Database Engineer
- Job Title
- SQL Database Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Alexandria, VA 22310
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain poly)
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's (or equivalent) plus 8+ years of experience, including 6+ years working as a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA).
The Microsoft SQL Database Engineer is responsible for installing and configuring SQL, leveraging monitoring utilities to maximize availability while minimizing false alarms and deploying database change scripts provided by developers and third-party vendors in the areas of VDI, Infrastructure and SharePoint services. This position will review options and determine effective ways to increase performance, including making hardware or VM recommendations, server configuration changes, index, SQL query and/or database structure changes. This position will also provide support for scheduled maintenance, upgrades, outages and unexpected interruptions of service.
- Install and configure new Microsoft SQL Server instances, including AlwaysOn availability groups and failover clustering.
- Install SQL Server service packs and updates.
- Configure and manage SQL Security settings and apply STIG settings.
- Make system design recommendations according to Microsoft SQL Server best practices.
- Manage database backup & recovery & DR planning.
- Create, modify, and optimize SQL Server Agent jobs and maintenance plans.
- Proactively monitor SQL Server maintenance tasks, troubleshoot failed jobs and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Utilize SQL Server Policy Based Management to validate configurations across the enterprise.
- Troubleshoot application slowness and performance issues.
- Responsible for T-SQL index & query tuning, and optimizing queries/indexes for very large databases, 30+ million record tables, multi-terabyte databases.
- Responsible for database migrations and server upgrades.
- Create and edit technical documentation as requested according to ATR standards.
- Develop documentation and training of routine database administration tasks and train server operations staff on these tasks.
- Responsible for ETL of large text files (1 TB +) into SQL Server
- Author and modify SQL Server Reporting Services reports.
- Responsible for SQL Server Capacity planning
- Perform SQL Server integration with enterprise applications.
- 6+ years w/ Development and integration of SQL database services in an enterprise environment.
- 3+ years working w/ large databases (1 TB+).
- 3+ years working in a clustered Windows environment.
- 2+ years working w/ AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
- 3+ years w/ SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 3+ years w/ SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
Experience with installing and configuring Microsoft SQL instances for one or more of the following areas:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
- Infrastructure Services
- SharePoint Services
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at email@example.com or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills