|Dynology Corporation Career Portal|
Operations Security (OPSEC) Specialist
- Job Title
- Operations Security (OPSEC) Specialist
- Job ID
- Ft. Belvoir, VA 22060
- Other Location
Dynology is seeking to hire an OPSEC Security Specialist to our existing team supporting our Government client at Fort Belvoir, VA. The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) safeguards America and its allies from Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD), by providing capabilities to reduce, eliminate, and counter the threat and mitigate its consequences. The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of OPSEC and related basic security principles, concepts, policy, procedures and methodology, in addition to the necessary skills required to apply this knowledge and provide security advice, and assistance on a wide range of security issues.
- Ensure the safeguard of information that is useful to adversaries and potential adversaries to plan, prepare, and conduct military and other operations
- Maintain process to identify and mitigate indicators of U.S. intentions, capabilities, operations, and activities.
- Conduct security reviews of contracting documents being considered for public release through the Agency’s Public Affairs Office prior to release on the Federal Business Opportunities (FedBIZOpps) website.
- Develop OPSEC plans in support of various programs, tests, and exercises sponsored and supported by the Agency.
- Develop and maintain the Agency’s OPSEC Directive and Instruction.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associate degree and Five (5) years of experience supporting an OPSEC program.
- OPSEC Awareness for Military Members, DoD Employees, and Contractors Course GS130.16 (or equivalent).
- Requires experience supporting OPSEC assessments and/or surveys a Major command or Defense Agency
- Requires OPSEC training experience and experience supporting a Public Affairs Office
- Requires excellent writing and verbal communication skills
Security Clearance: Must be a US Citizen and have an active Top-Secret clearance.