BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Technical Writer / Editor
- Job Title
- Technical Writer / Editor
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC 20032
- Other Location
Employment Type: Full-time
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain poly)
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a relative field.
This position is responsible for proofreading and copy editing of all materials produced or published by the Office of Corporate Communications (OCC) to verify that the material is free of errors, while ensuring that the content is engaging and accessible to the readers.
- Review work published across all communications channels (web, print, exhibits, etc.)
- Conduct research and analyze compiled data to develop authoritative information on the programs, policies, functions, and research of the agency; the relationships among agency programs; and related issues and practices in the private sector.
- Possess knowledge of regulations and policies affecting Government publications; of publishing concepts, practices, and standards; and of recent advances in publishing technology.
- Perform a final quality check on any materials before they are published.
- Ensure that communication materials are written in accordance with provided style guides, OCC specifically uses AP Style for corporate materials; all formal correspondence must match the style used by agency's Executive Secretariat.
- Assist OCC officers in research topics and locate and contact sources throughout the development of communications products.
- Attend customer meetings, or information sessions necessary to complete projects. Attend all weekly team and division syncs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Work Schedule: Core Hours
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful Completion of a Background Check will be required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: Metronome offers a comprehensive benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefit eligibility is determined on the type of position (full-time, part-time, temporary). Metronome’s range of benefits include, but are not limited to, Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
Application Process: Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
- Select Create Profile and Apply to Requirement
- Complete your Profile and Answer the Questionnaire
- Upload a current resume
- Complete the Online Application and Submit
Evaluation Process: Metronome will evaluate applicants based on how well they meet the qualifications of the position above. Your completed application (including questionnaire, resume, and online application) will be used to determine your eligibility and how well you meet the qualifications for this position.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to your resume and application; if either your resume or application contradicts or does not support your responses, you will disqualify yourself and not receive further consideration for this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Metronome does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Metronome is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process or hiring process should contact Metronome Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-957-4082. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Required Skills