BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Technical Writer / Editor
- Job Title
- Technical Writer / Editor
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC 20032
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain poly)
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a relative field.
This position is responsible for proofreading and copy editing of all materials produced or published by the Office of Corporate Communications (OCC) to verify that the material is free of errors, while ensuring that the content is engaging and accessible to the readers.
- Review work published across all communications channels (web, print, exhibits, etc.)
- Conduct research and analyze compiled data to develop authoritative information on the programs, policies, functions, and research of the agency; the relationships among agency programs; and related issues and practices in the private sector.
- Possess knowledge of regulations and policies affecting Government publications; of publishing concepts, practices, and standards; and of recent advances in publishing technology.
- Perform a final quality check on any materials before they are published.
- Ensure that communication materials are written in accordance with provided style guides, OCC specifically uses AP Style for corporate materials; all formal correspondence must match the style used by agency's Executive Secretariat.
- Assist OCC officers in research topics and locate and contact sources throughout the development of communications products.
- Attend customer meetings, or information sessions necessary to complete projects. Attend all weekly team and division syncs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills