Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Senior DevOps Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior DevOps Engineer
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32935
- Other Location
Summary: We are looking for an experienced DevOps (Development and Operations) professional to join our growing organization. In this position, you will manage infrastructure projects and processes. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field
Required Years of Experience: Minimum 6 years’ previous experience in development and operations, or related IT, computer, or operations field
- Work directly with the DevOps team and Senior DevOps manager to ensure system integrity.
- Design, implement, maintain continuous integration and deployment pipelines for a cloud infrastructure.
- Design, implement, maintain monitoring infrastructure for live services with uptime commitments.
- Identify security vulnerabilities in the infrastructure and work on security strengthening and remediation options.
- Build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve collection and response times to service-impacting events.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations best practices.
- Being part of a rotating on-call team to troubleshoot services off-hours if needed.
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development delivery.
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of projects.
- Manage CI and CD tools with team.
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes.
- Follow all best practices and procedures as established by the company
- Previous experience with software development, infrastructure development, or development and operations.
- Experience working with Docker containers and Kubernetes platform.
- Experience with DevOps and automation frameworks, including Ansible, Jenkins, Packer, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with Linux infrastructures, databases (SQL), scripting such as Bash, PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, Agile workflow methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience with continuous monitoring and logging tools, including Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentd, AlertManager, PagerDuty, Pingdom, Splunk.
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers (CSP), including AWS and Azure, and their associated services/tools.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Up to date on the latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Experience working with the VA OI&T
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Experience with AWS; certifications are a plus.