Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Senior Backend Software Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior Backend Software Engineer
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32940
- Other Location
Summary: Liberty IT Solutions is seeking a talented software engineer to help us both create and maintain APIs consumed by first and third-party apps and services to positively impact the lives of millions of Americans. We need a creative engineer with experience developing high-quality products on schedule, strong communication and collaboration skills, and a passion for innovation. In this role you will be responsible for designing and implementing new cloud-based RESTful APIs, as well as essential work maintaining existing software libraries.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent analytical, programming, and debugging skills
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing backend Java solutions
- Familiarity or proficiency with Spring Boot-based development
- Understanding of the fundamental technologies of the web, including HTTP, SSL, and JSON
- Working knowledge of AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and SQL databases
- Enthusiasm for the latest and greatest tools and technologies
- Commitment to a DevOps culture
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ideal candidate can sit onsite in Melbourne, FL
- CMMI Maturity Level 3, ISO 9001:2015 or 9001:2001, and ITIL experience a plus
- Has high standards, results oriented, and a commitment to delivering high quality software on time
- VA or other Federal Government experience