- Job Title
- Staff Accountant
- Job ID
- BOCA RATON, FL 33487
- Other Location
Our client is a South Florida residential real estate investment and management company and is currently seeking a qualified individual to join our team as a Staff Accountant. The position is located at the Company’s headquarters in the Boca Raton, Florida. Attention to detail is an important for this position.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for operational accounting functions over a multi-entity real estate enterprise. You will work closely with and report directly to the Controller.
- Bi-weekly payroll processing utilizing a third party payroll processing company.
- Post payroll to the various companies using journal entries and creating intercompany invoices.
- Weekly cash reports and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Some general ledger account reconciliations and making general journal entries.
- Various administrative duties will also be required, including banking, payroll new hire and termination document processing and management.
- In-depth accounting knowledge in nearly all cycles of business accounting management.
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively both on individual and team projects – much of your time you will be working independently.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to quickly obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the various financial reporting and general ledger structures.
- Literate in accounting systems and possess at least an intermediate knowledge in the Microsoft Office Excel, Word, Outlook – strong Excel skills are required.
- Strong QuickBooks Pro software experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting.
- Experience in the real estate industry (residential property management).
- Real Page/OneSite property management software experience.
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation, and an extensive benefits package. Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. They strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to their processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.