Liberty was founded on the principles of challenge and change. We are looking for talented individuals that want to challenge the assumptions of what an IT partner is capable of delivering and help our clients achieve the transformational change that is critical for their success. If you have the knowledge, the experience, and the drive to succeed, Liberty has a place for you. We are committed to help you to realize your potential and achieve success in your career.
Please submit your resume and we'll contact you as soon as relevant positions open up that fit your skills and background.It is the policy of Liberty IT Solutions, LLC to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.
Software Release Engineer
- Job Title
- Software Release Engineer
- Job ID
- Melbourne, FL 32935
- Other Location
We are seeking a full-time Software Release Engineer. This person is responsible for the cross-technology domain release management, process design, optimization and policy. Release engineering oversees the process by which the production environment is updated, upgraded and maintained. The release engineer is the major liaison between application development and production for release management control. Additionally, this person will help configure SAFe to the organization’s needs, standardizing and documenting practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops, audits, monitors and enforces established release management processes and policies in support of cross-domain configuration integration, testing, completeness and consistency.
- Continuously improve and assess the practices associated with DevOps and Release on Demand in the Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Help manage risk and ensure value delivery while also coaching leaders, teams and Scrum Masters in new processes and approaches.
- Provides support to domain-specific release management resources in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinates release program activities and functions as a subject matter expert in release management.
- Acts as the gatekeeper to the production environment, ensuring consistency in policies and operational procedures, release integration testing and production validation.
- Operates at an advisory level, consistently interacting with IT and line-of-business management.
- Creates and tracks the release improvement process to be applied across all IT domains and initiates new projects related to release management
- Coordinating User Acceptance Testing and Initial Operating Capabilities testing
- Managing national release readiness and ensuring milestones are met
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management, IT or related field.
- SAFe® Release Train Engineer (RTE) Certified.
- A minimum 10 years of technology experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in release management of a technology platform.
- Prior experience with VA VIP methodology
- Proficiency in application development release processes and tools.
- Proficiency in creating detailed production implementation plans
- Proficiency in IT operations and support organizations.
- Proficiency in other process frameworks and methodologies is a plus
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, leadership and analytical skills.
- Ability to build and manage relationships and stakeholder expectations effectively in a matrixed environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.