SEARCH FOR JOBS AT AGRANA
Corporate Technical Specialist
- Job Title
- Corporate Technical Specialist
- Job ID
- Botkins, OH 45302
- Other Location
AGRANA Fruit is a global leader in delivering healthy and delicious food solutions in partnership with our valued customers. Our co-collaboration mindset results in the development of innovative products across multiple categories including refrigerated & frozen dairy, bakery and food service. Our team of experts are passionate about the wonderful world of food, the communities we serve and meeting the needs of consumers around the world.
Corporate Technical Specialist, Fruit Preparations, Botkins
Agrana Fruit has an opportunity as a Corporate Technical Specialist that is responsible for the Product Industrialization functions, Process Optimization / Validation and Process / Product Improvement at any of the 4 US manufacturing facilities or at the corporate pilot facility for products in the US and Canadian markets. This will consist of controlling the stages of commercialization, from new product sample to successful and reliable launch of the new products and processes.
The Corporate Technical Specialist will also help in ingredient consolidation, industrial process changes / verification, new technology support and developmental programs for the manufacturing facilities or at customers. They must work in coordination with the plant operations personnel, help control industrialization costs, support the quality control department and manufacturing facilities with respect to formulations and process while providing key technical support to all US and Canadian customers and AFUS.
Corporate Technical Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Have full knowledge and understanding of all processing equipment used at the plant level to communicate with and support the corporate Product Developers and R&D department.
- Develop strong relationships with the plant personnel. Develop and maintain good contacts with all the main customers as directed by the Technical Director.
- Work with the Corporate Sales and Service Group to assist the customer production facilities with trials, new products, and service problems.
- Travel as needed to other Agrana US facilities and customer locations in US & Canada. (Approximately 10 – 20% of time, highly dependent on needs of customers and company).
- Perform Training as needed for any department or group at Agrana or a customer.
- Continue education and experience through seminars and short courses.
- Special Projects and programs as directed by the Technical Director or group.
Corporate Technical Specialist Job Requirements:
- Degree in Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or similar process related field required plus a minimum of 5 yrs. of process and / or new product commercialization experience
- Strong process / technical knowledge
- Strong background in process improvement / problem solving / project management
- Experience in food manufacturing environment (or similar industry) a plus
- Prior Management or Supervisory experience required.
- Interpersonal skills a must
- Computer skills, including a familiarity and working knowledge of computer systems: Windows, Excel, Word, etc., a must. Knowledge of process control technology a plus.
- Knowledge and use of statistical software beneficial
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
Agrana Fruit offers competitive salary and provides an excellent benefits package. We are proud to be able to say that our employee costs are some of the lowest in our industry! Benefits offered by Agrana are designed to promote wellness and the well-being of every Agrana employee.
If interested, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply today!