Medical Office Specialist (Conroe)
- Job Title
- Medical Office Specialist (Conroe)
- Job ID
- Conroe, TX
- Other Location
The Medical Office Specialist is responsible for all front office functions including patient relations, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, patient registration, insurance verification, handling medical records, filing, cashiering, and computer work.
Standard hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Communicating with patients and providers.
- Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
- Reminding patients of upcoming appointments, and pre-visit planning.
- Forwarding telephone calls appropriately and following up on return calls.
- Checking-in patients and properly documenting registration by verifying and updating information in Patient Management as needed.
- Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics, routing appropriate patients to financial counselor for screening and qualification for Sliding Fee Discount or other programs.
- Checking-out patients and properly documenting follow-up appointments.
- Copying and faxing duties.
- Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
High School graduate (or GED) required.
Bilingual – English and Spanish required.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Lone Star Family Health Center (LSFHC) is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy of LSFHC provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. LSFHC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. LSFHC reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants. LSFHC provides a work environment in which each employee is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.