Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to USIC for fresh articles!
Join our team: Scroll down to see our open jobs
USIC has a mobile workforce of over 7,500 technicians nationwide, serving our customers and protecting our communities. As North America's leading provider of Damage Prevention, our primary goal is to protect the assets of our customers.
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at USIC, please contact us at 407-480-5545.
- Job Title
- Utility Locator
- Belzoni, MS 39038
- Other Location
- Belzoni, MS
To apply, simply TEXT USIC to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will connect you with our hiring team today.
Are you looking to jump start your professional career growth and pursue a career path for the future? Would you like to work for the fastest growing and most trusted name in underground utility damage prevention in North America? If you are a quality-conscious, safety-oriented, hard-working individual who values working outdoors, then you should consider a rewarding long-term career at USIC!
The USIC name and brand are highly recognized and respected for our strong commitment to quality and safety. We are looking for individuals to join the USIC family who consider themselves problem solvers, are confident in their abilities, take pride in public safety, and thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment. Our communities are your communities!
Set Your Sights on The Future!
If you're looking to grow your career, we’ve got you covered. We provide a quality training program, and your valued experience grows every day, along with your opportunities for career advancement.
We have built and launched an exciting career path progression program that is unrivaled in our industry, to recognize employees who strive to be the best in their roles. By achieving qualifications and milestones in the Career Path Program, you can be rewarded with distinctive titles, promotions to new positions in the company, and more.
We are currently hiring throughout Humphreys County, MS.
Our technicians spend their workdays on the go, independently working in the field using their company-provided vehicle. You will utilize our state-of-the-art ticket and claims management systems to ensure clear and complete mark-out services for the excavator or property owner at the work site. This state-of-the-art technology ensures that you have the resources necessary to be successful.
Your Responsibilities as a Locator:
- You will be responsible for the correct, safe, and efficient locating of underground utilities, including telecommunications, electric power, cable TV, gas, water, and sewer systems.
- Taking time to thoroughly search for underground utilities in a designated area, accurately marking the location, completing the necessary documentation, and photographing each locate.
You will be working outdoors in the fresh air, using a company-provided laptop to document and close all tickets. We have a 48-hour turnaround time on all locates, which means we generally work the day after holidays and some weekends, as needed.
These are daytime, full-time positions and overtime will be required. Instructor led training will be provided. No prior locating experience is necessary.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
- 100% paid training - We're invested in you, starting on your first day.
- High quality company vehicle - All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work.
- A company laptop, phone, and equipment, advanced technology you can count on.
- Participation in our Career Path Program (CPP), unmatched in our industry.
- Advancement opportunities – We promote from within the company.
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, an excellent benefits package.
- Paid holidays, so you can spend time with your loved ones.
- 401(k) plan with company match, so you can plan for the long-term.
- Rewards for tenure – boots on first anniversary and annually after.
What We Need from You (Our Requirements)
- Be able and willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions. Previous outdoor experience is a plus!
- Be able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Computer proficiency
- Available to work overtime and weekends (as needed).
- Able to pass a drug screen.
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.