BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Communication Specialist – Customer Outreach
- Job Title
- Communication Specialist – Customer Outreach
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (ability to obtain a polygraph)
Engage in promoting or creating an intended public image for groups, projects, and/or organization. Responsible for writing select material for release to various communications media platforms for a range of technical, non-technical and senior management end-users. Duties may include managing critical messaging between end users, program offices, and project managers. Formulating and implementing communications plans for typical and special change requests, especially relating to IT hardware and software changes. Coordinating release plans and change impact details with project managers and subject matter experts, evaluating command center information and need for high-level end user and program office reporting, and providing or coordinating responses to requests re: baseline capabilities or operational readiness.
This role provides excellent exposure to the Program Management Office (PMO) and engineering processes, as you communicate across interfacing organizations. Your ideas, suggestions and concerns will be welcomed, especially to streamline processes and team hand-offs. This hands-on role requires great attention to detail, very good organization skills and flexibility to pivot between highly visible customer priorities to meet deadlines.
- Respond to requests for information from the customer, coordinating any needed messaging support or technical information from a subject matter expert(s).
- Develop communications to identify new changes and/or other impacts to the end user, helping the end user understand the context of specific IT-related events.
- Plan and direct communications to continue notify end-users of ongoing IT changes and/or organizational accomplishments.
- Confer with stakeholders and leverage Service Desk problem ticketing data to identify trends where increased and/or modified communications are required.
- Prepare or edit organizational publications, such as newsletters, studies, change notification or status briefings, for internal or external audiences.
- Confer with project managers or support personnel to produce or coordinate production of IT advertisements or notifications, leveraging the best communication channels for the message.
- Maintain schedule of planned communications and related projects/releases.
- Education/Minimum Years of Experience:
- HS/GED with 12 years’ experience
- Associates with 10 years’ experience
- Bachelors with 8 years’ experience
- Masters with 6 years’ experience
- PhD with 4 years’ experience
- Technical writing and IT familiarity
- Self-driven to ensure that subject matter experts deliver needed information for on-time communications
- Microsoft Office Suite of Application experience
- Analyzing Data and Information — identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Experience conducting Focus Group surveys
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Familiar with customer / mission
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills