BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Junior Microsoft Windows Systems Administrator
- Job Title
- Junior Microsoft Windows Systems Administrator
- Requirement ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education and Experience: Three years of experience with a HS Diploma or GED or above. See Qualifications.
Required Certification: DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification (i.e. Security+CE, CySA+CE) or above.
- Support the identification and resolution of automation and information technology hardware and software issues and problems to maintain at least a 99% system availability rate.
- Perform installation, configuration, administration and monitoring of enterprise class blade and storage technologies, to include performance optimization, patching, and updating of associated hardware and underlying operating systems.
- Perform administration and maintenance of Windows based servers to include daily system checks and record 100% of findings and statuses in DAIIS Systems Administration Daily Checks list.
- Apply Security Template Implementation Guidelines (STIG) and security updates and hotfixes to address Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessments (IAVA) and security mandates within 30 calendar days of notification of update availability.
- Provide detailed system matrices of DAIIS supported systems and applications to include utilization, uptime, storage availability, and performance on a monthly basis or as requested.
- Analyze technical support requests and provide possible technical solutions and courses of action within10 business days of receipt of request.
- Conduct testing of systems and applications immediately after configuration changes and software deployments to validate that changes and enhancements do not adversely affect system operation and performance.
- Deploy DAIIS-developed and third-party commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and Government off-the-shelf (GOTS) applications to production, integration, and staging servers within 15 business days of deployment request.
- Conduct system upgrades as directed by customer leadership.
- Ensure the availability and accessibility of an average of seventy (70) Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) for Windows Server websites hosted across eight (8) networks.
- Respond to customer requests and contact customers by the end of the business day to confirm requirement receipt and provide an approximate time of completion.
- Provide Continuity of Operations planning, evaluation, and execution of critical services during the quarterly IPR and update any required SOPs and instructions guides within five days of IPR completion.
- Develop and maintain documentation which includes SOPs, TTPs, System Architecture Guides, and Diagrams for all DAIIS systems and hardware configurations adhering to organizational templates and policies.
- Notify the Government of any unscheduled system outages within 30 minutes of each occurrence and record the outage to the operations log within four (4) hours.
- Makes Configuration management data shall be timely updated within one business day of any modification or update of infrastructure and the contractor will report the updates/changes in their Monthly Status Reports.
- Monitor and assume responsibility of trouble tickets assigned to the Systems Administration branch, assign specific tickets for resolution, and prioritize tickets in line with organizational goals of maintaining 99% system availability rate.
- Provide after-hours on-site support to respond to system/application malfunctions.
- Support SharePoint operations including portal/website maintenance, custom application maintenance, and general system support (perform STIGs, produce POAMs, ensure IAVM, etc).
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
- Computing Environment Certification
- Three years of experience in server administration including supporting and managing servers in a production environment.
- Two years of experience in the following:
- Server administration applying systems patches and STIGs on a Microsoft (MS) Windows Server 2012 R2 and later.
- Applying industry best practices for a Windows Server 2012 R2 or later configuration.
- Customizing member servers through the use of Role and Feature additions for a Windows Server 2012 R2 or later configuration.
- Managing Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) - Windows Server Administration Fundamentals Certification.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills