BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Junior VMware Administrator
- Job Title
- Junior VMware Administrator
- Requirement ID
- Fort Belvoir, VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education and Experience: Four years of experience with a HS Diploma or GED or above.
Required Certification: DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification (i.e. Security+CE, CySA+CE) or above.
- Administer and monitor a 24/7/365 enterprise level virtualization infrastructure based on VMware product suites across multiple networks and disaster recovery sites composed of numerous ESXi hosts and hundreds of virtual machines across the supported networks.
- Ensure VMware applications and ESXi hosts remain current with operating system (OS) versions and patches.
- Test and install hardware, firmware, and security patches on all customer server and storage technologies.
- Perform daily system checks of all customer VMs, recording findings and statuses in Systems Administration Daily Checks list and perform appropriate corrective action as needed
- Apply STIGs, security updates, and hotfixes within 30 calendar days of release.
- Diagnose and repair system problems, utilizing tool sets available and working closely with other internal groups and vendor support. Perform upgrade of VM Tools on all customer VMs within one week of update availability.
- Provide weekly system metrics to include CPU, memory, network, and storage utilization to enable the customer leadership to make informed decisions on the welfare of the virtualization infrastructure.
- Assess and ensure compliance of the virtual infrastructure security posture and ensure compliance with DISA STIGs and Department of the Army IA regulations. Provide a summary report of compliance reviews at the quarterly IPR.
- Prepare necessary documentation to support the organization System Security branch in the accreditation packet process.
- Develop and maintain documentation, which includes SOPs, TTPs, System Architecture Guides and Diagrams for all customer systems and hardware configurations adhering to organizational templates and policies.
- Notify the Government of any unscheduled system outages.
- Provide after-hours on-site support to respond to system/application malfunctions.
- Update configuration management data within one business day of any modification or update of infrastructure.
- Monitor and assume responsibility of trouble tickets assigned to the Virtualization Administration branch, assign specific ticket for resolution, and prioritize tickets in line with organizational goals of maintaining 99% system availability rate.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification.
- Computing Environment Certification
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in virtualization datacenter administration supporting and managing virtualization infrastructure, to include enterprise-class hardware
- Two years of experience in the following:
- Administrating enterprise-sized, VMware-based virtualization infrastructures covering vCenter and standalone ESXi environments version 5.5 and later.
- Installing, configuring, and integrating servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Performing backups, troubleshooting, and problem resolution for servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Building highly available server clusters in a vSphere environment.
- Maintaining VM templates for use on rapid deployment of virtual machines.
- Implementing security posture and ensuring compliance with industry best practices, DA regulations, and STIGs.
- One year of experience designing, planning, implementing, and administrating HP enterprise blade server and storage technologies to support virtualization infrastructure.
- One year of experience with fiber switches and storage area networks.
- VMware Certified Associate (VCA)
- Digital Business Transformation Certification
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may’ be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills