A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Director, Field Medical Affairs, Evidence & Value Development (EVD)
- Job Title
- Director, Field Medical Affairs, Evidence & Value Development (EVD)
- Job ID
- Los Angeles, CA
- Other Location
DIRECTOR, FIELD MEDICAL AFFAIRS, EVIDENCE & VALUE DEVELOPMENT (EVD) - ONCOLOGY
Work from your home office
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a fast-growing biopharmaceutical firm to assist in recruiting a Director for Field Medical Affairs, concentrating on EVD, also known as HEOR. This is an exceptional opportunity for an EVD (HEOR) professional experienced in facilitating the development of strategic and value plans and communications with national-level decision-makers within key Group Purchasing Organizations (GPO), Large National Practices (LNP), and key national payer organizations.
The Director EVD will provide medical leadership in the delivery of enhanced end-to-end customer experience and enhance the level of engagement in the delivery of health care solutions, inclusive outcomes, and joint development of Evidence & Value. This is a cross-functional and cross-portfolio role with responsibility for developing medical strategy across national organizations to improve patient outcomes. The Director will also identify opportunities to advance the care continuum and the delivery of healthcare through broad clinical and population health research, including Real World Evidence (RWE) for product launch, and the ability to leverage real work insights and values for input into the early-stage development portfolio.
Our client is a wholly-owned subsidiary of a global pharmaceutical powerhouse and works urgently to discover and develop innovative cancer treatments. As cancer evolves, our client evolves with it—bringing novel technology to cornerstone chemotherapies, while at the same time optimizing new targeted agents. Advanced technology, dedicated investigators, and incomparable facilities—these vast resources empower them to redefine the way the world treats cancer.
As the Director EVD you will;
- Prioritize relationships with key medical decision-makers in healthcare systems, managed care organizations, payers, and government programs to facilitate appropriate discussions related to coverage policy, pathway inclusion and patient identification algorithms; further developing medically driven mitigation strategies to remove barriers impacting patients’ access
- Define the strategic near and long-term medical vision and direction for the healthcare organizations in order to identify opportunities for collaboration which enhance patient outcomes and experience
- Facilitate discussions with the MSLs to identify medically focused opportunities at the regional level (based on National insights)
- Act with executive ownership mindset with a focus on a comprehensive medical strategy in order to achieve optimal outcomes for patients
- Have field accountability with key national customers in the ecosystem and be responsible for collaborating closely with the MSLs in the region to gain alignment and execute against shared medical goals.
Your responsibilities will include;
- Primary medical point of contact for large customers in their region to create, prioritize, plan, and implement mutually beneficial, cross-portfolio or population health initiatives that are aligned with account and U.S. Medical Affairs (USMA) priorities
- Facilitate development and execution of medical strategy and vision (with MSLs) aligned with the broader organization and provide ongoing visibility of account plans to all relevant stakeholders
- Provide high-level scientific engagement across the portfolio of products, to include pipeline presentations across all key disease and therapeutic areas
- Work with account managers, to establish and manage senior stakeholders and C-suite relationships across the national account in order to better understand their needs and identify insights and opportunities for medical, quality and health outcomes collaborations
- Identify and establish health outcomes and RWE collaborations that leverage capabilities of the EVD
- Develop a deep understanding of the assigned national healthcare organization, payers, and other key channels in the region.
- Support geographic or local healthcare market opportunities (e.g., Oncology Care Model)
- Monitor clinical pathway and guideline implementation and utilization, compendium, formulary status, etc. Identify opportunities through analytics and using agile approaches to adapt medical plans where required
- Facilitate and encourage a mindset of value and innovation to continually refresh and enhance the customer experience
- Provide expert support, mentorship, and/or training to MSLs and internal medical affairs personnel in the area of National Managed Markets, Integrated Health Networks (IHNs), GPOs, and LNPs programs as needed.
- Attend select scientific meetings and professional conferences for the purpose of presenting Clinical, Real World Evidence, and Value data when appropriate.
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of external laws, codes, and company policies that apply to the healthcare industry.
Your background will likely include;
- MD, PharmD, or Ph.D. within a related field is required.
- Advanced professional training in HEOR/RWE preferred
- Substantial (10 years+) related work experience in the areas impacted by EVD/HEOR, (managed care/health plan, hospital administration, clinical pathway or formulary decision-maker, industry experience, etc.) with demonstrable evidence of successfully partnering with customers and achieving shared goals and outcomes.
- At least 2 years of experience in oncology and hematological malignancies, with strong knowledge of clinical development/operations, research conduct, and working knowledge of Food & Drug Administration (FDA) requirements required
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing strategy across complex healthcare environments with an ability to influence without authority and mobilize colleagues to action around shared goals.
- Strong ability to lead, influence, and work in a matrixed environment regardless of reporting structure,
- Demonstrated ability to conduct Clinical and Evidence-based Value discussions with key decision-makers and organized systems of care.
- Advanced, in-depth understanding of the US healthcare system, payers, reimbursement method, integrated health systems, and utilization of RWE and data analytics.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally on a reasonably frequent basis (approx. 50-75% of the time including air travel, some weekend, and overnight travel).
Established in 2010, @Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page; www.atOrchard.com.