- Job Title
- Project Manager
- Job ID
- WASHINGTON, DC 20005-4208
- Other Location
The Public Health Foundation (PHF), is a national, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the public’s health by strengthening the quality and performance of public health practice We are seeking a Project Manager for a position located in the Washington, DC area for our TRAIN Learning Network and Programs (train.org). TRAIN is a national learning network that provides thousands of quality training opportunities to more 2.3 million professionals who protect and improve the public's health.
As the Project Manager, you will be the primary liaison between PHF and TRAIN’s technology vendor, KMI. Your focus in this role will be to lead the development and maintenance activities for the TRAIN project. This includes gathering and reviewing business requirements, reviewing, and understanding use cases and business processes and consolidating them with the technical requirements written by the technology vendor. In addition, you will ensure that all approved requirements are met in both the functional specifications provided by the vendor and the developed functionality. You will also lead any User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of TRAIN.
- Work with key stakeholders to document desired business requirements, processes and use cases for changes to the TRAIN LMS.
- Work with staff and clients to review functional specifications, technical requirements and other deliverables provided by the LMS vendor to make sure they meet all stated PHF’s business requirements.
- Serve as the primary liaison between PHF and its clients and the LMS vendor to translate functional requirements and technical specifications, plan development of TRAIN functionality, and schedule development items.
- Lead quality assurance and system testing efforts (user acceptance test planning and execution) for TRAIN and future releases to ensure all stated and approved requirements are met by the developed/upgraded system.
- Manage system documentation including business requirements documents, functional designs, user manuals, test scripts, plans, and training materials.
- Assist PHF Senior Management and Project Sponsors to build business cases to assist with planning and prioritizing functionality development for TRAIN.
- Oversee Tier 1 end user support for TRAIN and provide Tier 2 end user support, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, or related degree.
- 3 - 5 years of project management experience
- 3 - 5 years of professional IT experience, specifically in systems/business analysis.
- 2 - 3 years of managing small to mid-size projects.
- 1 - 2 years of experience as a Tester, QA Analyst.
- Strong analytical skills, specifically, the ability to facilitate requirements gathering and translate into business requirements and functional specifications.
- Strong business process re-engineering and documentation skills (e.g., experience with process mapping).
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience with Learning Management Systems.
- Experience working with a customer support ticketing system.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a competitive salary, for that outstanding candidate!
The PHF staff has created an environment of strong organizational values of putting people first, excellence in the work we do, open and honest communication, and being supportive of one another. To learn more about our staff values, please visit our website at http://www.phf.org/AboutUs/Pages/Staff_Values.aspx.
Visit our web site at www.phf.org.
Public Health Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.