- Job Title
- Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper
- Job ID
- WEST PALM BEACH, FL 33401
- Other Location
Spot Pet Insurance is private equity funded insurance services company focused on the pet insurance space. We use various social media platforms and AI to scale the customer base in a growing industry.
Monday – Friday: 8AM – 5PM
We are seeking an experienced Bookkeeper for our West Palm Beach location. As the Bookkeeper, you must have QuickBooks Online knowledge. Reporting directly to the Controller, your primary responsibilities will include the daily accounting functions and the monthly close process of Spot Pet along with some of the other in-house portfolio companies.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing a broad range of duties including but not limited to:
- Process vendor invoices into A/P system ensuring proper authorizations
- Print check for vendor payments
- Record sales, received payments and maintain AR records
- Filing source document for all documents recorded
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparation of “Due from do To” reconciliations
- Record credit card activity
- Review and record employees expense reports
- Prepare and record monthly recurring and non-standard journal entries
- Process monthly financial statement close, to be reviewed by controller
- Reconcile G/L accounts, including pre-paid expenses, fixed assets, etc.
- Prepare quarterly reports for financial institutions and other third parties
- Request W-9 from new vendors and Prepare Vendor/Contractor 1099’s
- Prepare year end accrual entries
- Manage petty cash and other misc. activities
- Assist the Controller in working with third parties to maintain Spot Pet licenses and State renewals.. Assist with insurance brokers to ensure insurance coverage is adequate and in force
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly reporting packages and assist in the annual budget
- 2 - 3 years of accounting experience required
- Solid understanding of accounting principles including general ledger reporting and accrual accounting
- Self-starter and a team player
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is a plus
- Solid working knowledge of MS Excel and QuickBooks Online
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by:
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Medical, dental, and visions benefits
- Life insurance
- 401(k) with Company match
Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.