Executive Assistant/Manager of Administration
- Job Title
- Executive Assistant/Manager of Administration
- Job ID
- New York, NY
- Other Location
- 1700 Broadway 35th floor New York, NY 10019
Our confidential client is seeking a reliable Executive Assistant / Manager of Administration to join their New York team.
Reliable, cost-effective clean energy is more important now than ever. As New York transitions to a clean energy future, it needs a partner that can match its storied energy. For our client, this is nothing new. Since 1963, our client operated one of the largest, cleanest, and most reliable conventional power generating facilities in the region. Today, they are pursuing an exciting growth-oriented strategy. This includes modernization of the existing facility, the addition of the largest battery storage project on the US east coast to help achieve New York’s ambitious clean energy goals, and other opportunities to play a key role in the energy transition taking place in New York State.
Executive Assistant / Manager of Administration
In this role, you will have a broad range of responsibilities involving the handling of confidential information and communicating with high-profile internal and external business executives, as well as with the offices of public figures. Our client will rely on you to exercise considerable initiative, judgment, and discretion in completing assignments while performing tasks in a timely manner, with great attention to detail and knowledge of how to prioritize accordingly. You will be expected to communicate messages with great accuracy and value the urgency of certain duties. You will also maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times, anticipate needs, and follow up to ensure tasks are completed in a satisfactory manner. If you’re a person who wants to be part of doing something meaningful, and you can see the potential for positive change and understand what needs to be done to make it happen, this is the place for you.
As the Executive Assistant / Manager of Administration, you will manage a variety of general office activities in addition to a variety of administrative duties directly for the Chief Executive Officer by effectively completing the following duties:
- Analyze and organize office operations and procedures such as bookkeeping, payroll preparation, personnel files, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, and other clerical services such as phone and front desk coverage, onboarding new hires, management calendar.
- Formulate procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Develop administrative budget, and initiates cost reduction programs.
- Review clerical and personnel records to ensure completeness, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Manage calendar management including appointment reminders for constantly evolving schedules, respond to scheduling conflicts and rescheduling meetings as needed.
- Act as project management by coordinating projects; communicating changes and progress.
- 4 years College or University program certificate.
- 3 years in an Executive Assistant and / or office management role.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
Our client values their employees’ time and efforts. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and extensive benefits package.
Plus, they work to maintain the best possible environment for their employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. Together we strive to provide a collaborative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.