Junior Business Development/Capture Manager
- Job Title
- Junior Business Development/Capture Manager
- Job ID
- HERNDON, VA 20171-3278
- Other Location
Our client is a growing financial automation and healthcare IT firm moving into the artificial intelligence space with scalable, core software development and healthcare teams well positioned to leverage upcoming opportunities in federal, state and commercial environments. Current clients include Health and Human Services, DoD and Department of the Navy with access to additional clients throughout government.
Junior Business Development / Capture Manager
Now is the time to join our client’s collaborative, competitive sales team! They successfully identify new sales opportunities, engage with customers and uncover new opportunities to help customers streamline, automate and improve their business functions. Their office is conveniently located near to the new Herndon Metro stop which should be completed within the next 12 months with great nearby amenities including restaurants, free onsite gym, walking trails and more!
As a successful candidate, you must ensure that things move smoothly from prospecting through the proposal process to closing. You will plan the pursuit, source out the opportunities, evaluate the likelihood of success, support the marketing team, engage key teaming partners, foster winning relationships, facilitate the proposal strategy, provide recommendations for the pricing strategy, close the deal and turn the win over to the performance team on the contract.
As a Sales Representative, your work will directly drive the success of the business!
- Drive the full-life cycle sale including identifying prospects, conducting needs analysis, delivering web demonstrations, negotiating contracts, and closing sales.
- Follow-up on sales leads, including trial requests and call campaigns.
- Participate in cold calling campaigns to optimize and increase our pipeline.
- Lead and drive deals to close through contract negotiation and customer follow-up.
- Proactively and patiently maneuver through the procurement process to ensure the deal is closed.
- Engage in leadership responsibilities for the benefit of sales peers and management, such as program development, meeting coordination, training, and mentoring.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent military experience.
- 2+ years of sales experience showing a proven track record of quota attainment in a B2B or B2G environment.
- Ability to engage with C-level executives.
- Proficiency in pipeline management and accurate forecasting in Salesforce.
- Formal training in consultative selling is an advantage.
- Government contracting knowledge (federal, state, local and education) is advantageous but not required.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.