A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Pre-Sales Engineer (IP & SDN)
- Job Title
- Pre-Sales Engineer (IP & SDN)
- Job ID
- Baltimore, MD
- Other Location
PRE-SALES ENGINEER (IP & SDN)
Baltimore, Maryland – Work from Home
Active Top Secret Clearance with SCI required (Full-Scope Poly preferred)
@Orchard LLC has been retained by one of the most important technology companies you’ve never heard of. They are responsible for the underlying networks supporting many of the innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show), as well as critical infrastructure that keeps us safe and serves critical missions. For more than 25 years, our client has been the global leader in networking strategy, and their technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies and government institutions in the world.
Our client seeks a highly motivated Systems Engineer to join as an IP Sales Engineer with software virtualization skills. This position will focus on US Government customer engagements relative to IP networking as well as software automation and will be responsible for delivering Pre-Sales engineering activities. Our client is building momentum in the Federal Civilian and DOD market place with advanced Ethernet solutions as well as software solutions in the SDN and NFV space. This is a technical sales role with a focus on helping customers understand the client’s complex technology through product presentations, proof of concepts and demonstrations. The opportunity to join our clients’ team is a significant one as they continue to diversify their solutions beyond optical networking and into the IP and Software arenas through Adaptive Networks. You will support some of the most critical and mission-focused entities within the US Government and make a truly positive impact on the nation’s security.
As a Pre-Sales Engineer you will;
- Perform network and applications engineering for multiple products
- Complete complex network designs for customer application of networking products
- Consult with potential and current customers on the application of products for next-generation architectures
- Prepare quotations and assist in proposal preparation for products & upgrading actual design.
- Provide product and technical expertise to support Sales efforts of client products, including the preparation of complex design and application presentations.
- Work in close partnership with regional Account Managers to support mostly Maryland-based clients while working from home and traveling to client sites as necessary.
- Track all activities within the firm’s CRM platform (Salesforce).
- Interact with customers on a daily basis working on deployment, issues, providing feedback into the larger client team for resolution.
- Provide feedback from clients to help improve product functionality in future releases.
- Ensure overall customer deployment plans and timelines are driven to success and any limiting issues are successfully escalated for resolution.
Your background will include the following;
- An active TS/SCI clearance is required, with Polygraph preferred
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of fiber optic DWDN transmission and OTN/SONET switching systems.
- Be technically strong with L2/L3 networking, as well as SDN skills to include MDSO, NFV and other software skills.
- Demonstrated working technical knowledge of Ethernet, Storage Networking (Fibre Channel, FICON), Software Defined Networking, Network Functions Virtualization, IP/MPLS, Encryption, WAN Optimization, Firewall, Virtual Routing and Virtualization
- Evidence of a “Customer First” attitude in their work, with strong communication and presentation skills.
- A good understanding of Linux operating systems, VMware and OpenStack.
- Knowledgeable in OpenDaylight, ONOS, Python, TOSCA a plus.
- Experience with scripting and software development.
- Experience with APIs commonly found on network devices and controllers.
- Technical Degree or BSEE preferred or relevant work experience
- 5+ years of telecommunications industry experience
- Prior experience as a contributor on a sales-focused account team
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.