BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Data Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Washington DC, DC
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: Secret
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
Required Certification: N/A
- Analyze the design, implementation, and management of databases and data delivery systems and transform them into insights, analysis, and reporting.
- Apply expertise in database design and implementation tools, including entity-relationship data modelling and SQL, distributed computing architectures, operating systems, storage technologies, memory management, and networking to create structure and value out of complex and ambiguous technical challenges with little guidance.
- Leverage expertise in structured and unstructured data, streaming and batch data processing, ETL, data wrangling, data ingest, and data access.
- 2+ years of experience with providing data quality fixes and ETL processing.
- 2+ years of experience with Oracle database schemas.
- 2+ years of experience with identifying improvements to queries, data storage, and ETL. processes to improve downstream data quality.
- Experience with Cloudera or Hortonworks.
- Experience with data modeling concepts.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Possession of excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills