BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud)
- Job Title
- Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud)
- Requirement ID
- Washington, DC, DC
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: Secret
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
Required Certification: N/A
As an Infrastructure Engineer (Cloud) on our team, you’ll support key mission efforts to build workflows that integrate and analyze data and support application development. You’ll recommend tools and capabilities based on your research of the current environment and knowledge of various on-premise, cloud-based, and hybrid resources. You’ll work with the customer to inform strategy and architecture design. This is an opportunity to stay on top of the latest cloud resources as you prototype using multiple techniques and new technologies.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux servers
- 3+ years of experience managing Elasticsearch clusters hosted on Amazon Web Service (AWS)
- Experience with working in the financial industry.
- Experience with maintaining and updating Linux servers for new applications and tools.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure.
- Experience with multi-threaded, Big Data, and distributive cloud architectures and frameworks, including using Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, Hive, Spark, and Elasticsearch to conduct Big Data analytics.
- Able to manage Elasticsearch clusters hosted on the AWS platform.
- Experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes, including document parsing techniques and managing large data sets, such as multi-TB scale deployed environments while adhering to service-level agreements.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills