Fiber Optic Technician
- Job Title
- Fiber Optic Technician
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
To apply, simply TEXT ONTARGET to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team today!
Fiber Optic Technician
Is it time to elevate your career with a company dedicated to being the best in the industry; who values integrity, dedication, and hard work? If so, On Target wants you to join their ranks! We offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as power line, telecommunications, metering and smart grid services throughout the Northeast. Relocation assistance is available.
Starting Pay for this position is $21-$25/hr. DOE.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% Paid Training - We're invested in you, starting on your first day
- Company vehicle - All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work.
- Advancement opportunities – We promote from within the company
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- A 401(k) with company match
Your Responsibilities as a Fiber Optic Technician:
- Responsible for testing fiber optic cabling, joining optical fibers using a fusion splicer, and attaining a low loss splice through a proficient cleave
- Be able to display and interpret the results for the purpose of analyzing and documenting fiber optic links
- Regularly using OTDR, Power Meter and Light Source equipment to complete your work
What We Need From You (Our Requirements):
- 2-4 years of related experience required
- Be able to climb utility poles and work out of an aerial lift devise
- Be able to stand, walk, and work on uneven ground for the full workday
- Maintain knowledge of technological changes through continuing education, training, and trade articles
- Knowledge of Anritsu (OTDR) and Fujikura (Fusion Splicer) equipment preferred
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record required
- CDL (Commercial Driver's License) desirable but not required
- Lift heavy materials and equipment up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- Have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Range
- $21.00 None to $0.00 None