Fiber Optic Technician
- Job Title
- Fiber Optic Technician
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
To apply, simply TEXT ONTARGET to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team today!
Are you looking for a boost in your professional career? Do you love working with your hands and finding solutions to complex problems? If you're someone who is ambitious and ready to take the next step in the utility industry, then we want you to picture yourself at On Target as one of our Fiber Optic Technicians!
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as locating, metering, smart grid, telecommunications, and power line services throughout the Northeast. Relocation assistance is available.
As a Fiber Optic Technician, you will be responsible for testing fiber optic cabling, joining optical fibers using a fusion splicer, and attaining a low loss splice through a proficient cleave. You'll need to be able to display and interpret the results for the purpose of analyzing and documenting fiber optic links. In this position you'll be regularly using OTDR, Power Meter, & Light Source equipment to complete your work.
This position will have travel required extensively in-state. You will also be working outside in various weather conditions. Overtime will be required.
Starting pay is $21-$25/hr. based on experience.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
We believe that our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer an array of benefits that include:
- 100% Paid Training - You'll have ongoing training throughout your career with us.
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Have a 2-year college degree or 2-4 years of related experience
- Be able to climb utility poles and work out of an aerial lift devise
- Two years or more experience required
- Be able to stand, walk, and work on uneven ground for the full workday
- Maintain knowledge of technological changes through continuing education, training, and trade articles
- Knowledge of Anritsu (OTDR) and Fujikura (Fusion Splicer) equipment preferred
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record required
- CDL (Commercial Driver's License) desirable but not required
- Lift heavy materials and equipment up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis and up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Range
- $21.00 None to $0.00 None