Case Manager-Restore Program
- Job Title
- Case Manager-Restore Program
- Job ID
- Orlando, FL 32829
- Other Location
Desire to work for an organization that truly helps others?
If so, your opportunity is knocking!
Based in Orlando, Florida, PATHLIGHT HOME (registered service mark of Grand Avenue Economic Community Development Corp.) is a non-profit organization that provides economic opportunities and affordable housing for low-income individuals, including single, disabled homeless persons, a group rarely assisted in our community. The community is gated and includes full-time property management, after-hours security and social/residential crisis prevention assistance.
Summary: The Case Manager provides client-centered case management services to persons in the Pathlight Home Restore Program. The job includes comprehensive assessment of physical, social, and mental health needs; planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating outcomes and options. Position is up to 40 hours, as determined by the President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct assessments of clients to determine physical, mental and social needs and obstacles to maintain permanent housing
- Work with clients to determine interests and goals. Create person-centered care plans addressing all aspects of health and social issues as client permits.
- Maximize client’s independence and abilities to make informed decisions.
- Develop a collaborative relationship with health care providers, relevant agencies or individuals.
- Provide care that is non-confrontational considering recent homelessness and disability, potential issues with physical health, mental illness and substance abuse.
- Transport, accompany and advocate for clients at medical and social service appointments and facilitate follow up.
- Support client to establish benefits including food stamps and disability income.
- Attend weekly or biweekly planning meetings to facilitate an integrated, multidisciplinary team approach to service to develop and review cases.
- Provide social and emotional support through scheduled activities and events.
- Assist in the teaching of daily living skills to promote health, independence and safety. This includes assistance in services such as grocery shopping, maintaining clean living environment, utilizing public transportation, maintaining self-care, exploring employment and educational opportunities
- Document case notes in HMIS.
- Enter and maintain resident information in computer network.
- Prepare resident files for compliance audits, as needed.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
Salary: $13.25 to $13.50/hour
We work to maintain the best possible environment, where our employees can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative atmosphere where each individual feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture. Benefits available.