Construction Manager - East
- Job Title
- Construction Manager - East
- Job ID
- Nashville, TN
- Other Location
- Will work remote Nashville TN or Washington DC
Construction Manager - East
The Construction Manager- EAST (CME) will provide project operational and technical expertise, and be responsible for budgeting, schedule, reporting, and general site operational performance. The CME will lead and perform the construction management effort including: pre-construction, estimating, bid evaluation, project buy out, and overall project execution.
This position will work remotely for the Nashville TN or Washington DC locations.
Prior to Construction
- Assist in the feasibility phase of the projects. Assist in the due diligence process by responding to requests for preliminary pricing, and analysis of existing architectural and engineering data, geotechnical data, topographical data, civil information, utility availability, and any other construction related data needed.
- Prepare construction cost estimates by working with various Trade Contractors to obtain pricing. Receive and analyze all bids and incorporate them into the updated detailed cost estimate. Prepare detailed schedules of the activities necessary to complete the Project on time.
- Ensure plans, specifications and finishes are provided in a timely manner so the pre-construction and estimating process is completed in a comprehensive and professional manner.
- Develop specifications that conform to the marketing requirements of the project, and the budget that has been established. Prepare scopes of work for each trade necessary to complete the project.
- Implement cost control systems and monitor the timely flow of information in order to administer the project.
- Oversee site operations of the project, including the following: planning and short interval scheduling, meeting with Trade Contractors, and review of all Trade Contracts.
- Review engineering and architectural plans with the Site Operations Team.
- Confirm with the Site Operations Team the requirements for the jobsite (e.g. office, storage filing systems, staging and parking areas, and trash removal).
- Check in to monitor Trade Contractors.
- Schedule and host weekly Trade Contractor meetings to discuss safety, schedule and ensure an agenda are prepared before each meeting, and minutes are kept.
- Meet with the superintendent and foreman of each Trade Contractor, and carefully review the scope of work as outlined in their Agreement.
- Raise issues related to drawing conflicts, clarification of details, and any other requirements by the Development Team during the course of work.
- Work with the Site Operations Team to prepare a detailed project schedule.
- Enter all contract, change order, and purchase order detail into the Project Cost Report (in Excel). Update the Project Cost Report on a monthly basis.
- Liaison with the Project Accounting Staff to ensure that provided information is timely and accurate.
- Draft and submit contract changes, change orders and purchase orders for approval. Prepare field directives and change orders as required for any additional costs or changes to the work.
Turnover of Project
- Work with all Trade Contractors regarding submittals, such as operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, and other paperwork required for project.
- Meet weekly with the Property Management Team to schedule interior and exterior building walks; review building delivery schedules; confirm occupancy dates and delivery of building to the Property Management Team.
- Work closely with the Construction Coordinator to produce operation and maintenance manuals for the use of the Property Management Team.
- Work closely with the Development Team to obtain performance and maintenance bonds releases.
- Bachelors of Science in Construction Management, Engineering, Architectural or related degree, or 10 years minimum of experience.
- Experience managing design consultants and coordinating with government/jurisdictional representatives.
- Experience preparing and managing reports and budgets.
- Competent in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong understanding of construction cost accounting and budgeting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #ALI