Associate Technical Support Specialist
- Job Title
- Associate Technical Support Specialist
- Job ID
- Madison, WI 53362
- Other Location
There’s a reason Insperity was ranked in the top 3% on WorkplaceDynamics’ National Top Workplaces list and named one of the top 100 companies to work for in the U.S.
Want to work for us and find out why?
As a trusted advisor to America’s best businesses for more than 34 years, Insperity provides an array of human resource and business solutions designed to help improve business performance. In addition, we provide the client company and their worksite employees with a wide array of value-added benefits and services.
Insperity offers a competitive compensation package and a world-class benefits package, including 19 days paid time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k and tuition reimbursement. At Insperity, we’re committed to providing a positive work environment, and to helping our employees succeed both personally and professionally.
ASSOCIATE TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST
This position is responsible for ongoing support of all Insperity Business Performance Solutions (BPS) products to existing clients.
Under general supervision and moderate decision-making:
- Performs remote software support for clients on BPS solutions which could include, but is not limited to:
- Modifying setup to support changes in the client’s business rules.
- Using software diagnostics tools to troubleshoot client software issues.
- Retraining clients on software.
- Providing technical support via telephone or online on any BPS product purchased by client, including custom programming as purchased and documented.
- Documents all client interaction on a per incident basis.
- Logs software issues and provides temporary known workarounds as needed.
- Tracks open software issues until a resolution is released by Quality Assurance and collaborates with Professional Services to ensure update is installed on the client system.
- Works with customers to optimize their experience with BPS solutions.
- Handles business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
- Works to improve customer satisfaction and increase customer reference-ability.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s degree in IT is required; Bachelor’s degree in IT/Management Information Systems or related field is preferred.
- Technical support experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Solid interpersonal skills to interface with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks to completion with minimal supervision.
- Strong understanding of various Internet browser technologies
- Strong understanding of relational database and SQL experience (Microsoft SQL Server preferred)
- Knowledge of web-based software solutions
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Apple operating platforms.
- Strong analytical thinking skills and process-driven work habits.
- Basic knowledge of CRM systems and usage, NetSuite preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff both orally and written.
- Ability to work alone and collaborative, with technical personnel as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
At Insperity, we celebrate the diversity of our employees and our leadership. Insperity is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.