Medical Assistant (Huntsville)
- Job Title
- Medical Assistant (Huntsville)
- Job ID
- Huntsville, TX 77320
- Other Location
Medical Assistant I
The Medical Assistant I provides direct patient care to patients of Lone Star Family Health Center.
Essential job functions:
- Prepares rooms and patients for examination and assists the medical provider with procedures.
- Performs pre-visit planning, obtains patient vital signs, records reason for visit and history, and initiates screening protocols.
- Maintains accurate patient medical records.
- Facilitates continuity of care for patients and/or family with members of the health care team through phone contact, verbal interaction, written reports and/or electronic messaging.
- Assists the medical provider in writing and sending out patient communications.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Monitors patient flow in and out of clinic and communicates delays and expectations to medical providers and patients.
- Performs instrument processing procedures and maintains all appropriate logs.
- Oversees biohazard waste disposal.
- Obtains specimens and performs simple laboratory procedures.
- Performs phlebotomy procedures on all ages as needed.
- Obtains insurance authorizations for medications.
- Ensures that exam rooms and nursing stations are well-stocked and cleaned.
- Adheres to infection control procedures.
High School graduate (or GED) required.
Bilingual – English and Spanish required.
CPR/BLS Certification required.
Two or more years’ experience as a medical assistant in medical practice preferred.
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Assessment-Based Recognition in Order Entry (ABR-OE) through American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) preferred.
Option 2: Create a New Profile
Lone Star Family Health Center (LSFHC) is an equal opportunity employer. The equal employment opportunity policy of LSFHC provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. LSFHC hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. LSFHC reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants. LSFHC provides a work environment in which each employee is able to be productive and work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all employees and applicants.