A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Security Analyst - Facilities Security Officer (FSO)
- Job Title
- Security Analyst - Facilities Security Officer (FSO)
- Job ID
- Arlington, VA 22102
- Other Location
Security Analyst (Facilities Security Officer – FSO)
Active Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Required
@Orchard LLC has been retained by a prime contractor to assist them in hiring a highly qualified, experienced, and self-motivated individual to perform the duties of a Security Analyst. The Analyst will support the Department of Defense, Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), in Arlington, VA. This opportunity offers the chance to work with some of the best and brightest IT minds in the Department of Defense and US Industry to develop and implement a Defense-Wide approach to infusing Artificial intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) technologies across the Department.
About the role:
The successful candidate will provide the full spectrum of facility security support to the organization. This position will include ensuring government security requirements are met, coordinating and working with internal and external organizations, generating solutions for new and developing security programs, employing risk management practices in supporting security goals and objectives, and coordinating the actions of another staff member. Because of the nature of the required duties, this position requires an individual with an understanding of DoD Facility Security and the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) environment.
- Serves as the Security Officer for the JAIC.
- Performs all duties required to obtain and maintain all accreditations of JAIC facility spaces.
- Interprets government security regulations.
- Establishes control procedures for all levels of sensitive information to ensure compliance with government regulations.
- Performs all duties required for completion and submission of reports to government agencies.
- Performs functions required to obtain security clearances for the JAIC.
- Performs all functions related to the briefing and debriefing of JAIC staff.
- Ensures that JAIC staff, consultants and subcontractors are aware of conditions and requirements for maintaining security clearances.
- Conducts security briefings and presentations required by the JAIC.
- Liaisons with government agencies regarding security clearances and classified visits.
- Designates the proper controls for handling classified documents and/or hardware belonging to government agencies.
- Advises and assists staff with Communication Security (COMSEC) requirements. May serve as a COMSEC custodian and will maintain COMSEC records.
- Advises and assists JAIC staff with Information Systems Security requirements.
- Review classification specifications as needed for contracts and subcontracts.
- Coordinates the actions of the JAIC security staff.
Required education and experience
- 10+ years related experience working as a Facility Security Officer in a USG setting.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a relevant field.
- Strong organizational management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Proficient MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook application skills.
- Ability to organize and manage large amounts of data, files, tasks, schedules, and information.
- Oral and written communication skills consistent with the ability to conduct interviews, security briefings, and prepare communications settings forth analyses and recommendations in a concise, logical and objective manner.
- Proven ability to analyze various types of materials, to develop information regarding security vulnerabilities as it would apply to approval or denial of facility or information system access.
- The knowledge of commonly applied security principles, concepts, and methodologies.
- The knowledge of administrative regulations and sanctions that apply to violations or non-compliance with security regulations.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management
- Must be a US Citizen, hold a current DoD Top Secret Clearance, and have the ability to obtain a DoD Top Secret/SCI Clearance
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.