BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Software Systems Engineer VI
- Job Title
- Software Systems Engineer VI
- Requirement ID
- Pasadena, CA
- Other Location
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related computer engineering field.
- 10+ years experience developing/debugging embedded real-time software (or bare metal software) on multiple platforms.
The job will be to support the development of the control system software for the worlds largest optical telescope. The task is to perform the software engineering activities associated with the development and. delivery of a heterogeneous distributed real-time control system. The typical software engineering assignment will include proposing derived requirements for software system components. Designing and presenting the software modules. Planning and carrying out the implementation and testing of the modules. Integration of the software modules and associated regression tests with the continuous integration software delivery system. As well as collaborating with the electronics lead and delivering the integrated hardware/software component and documenting the test results.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Advanced knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and techniques in developing, modifying, debugging and maintaining real-time and embedded software systems for. mission-critical applications.
- Experience with the full software life cycle for mission-critical systems from derivation of requirements, design, implementation, delivery, integration and testing and software maintenance.
- Experience integrating heterogeneous software development environments and related development tool-chains.
- Ability to plan standard software development activities for assigned modules, and execute according to planned schedule.
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Domain experience with large optical instruments and deriving appropriate software requirements.
- Experience with Agile software development practices, or other formal software development processes.
- Experience with functional programming languages such as Scala, or Haskell
- Recent experience with linux kernel device driver development.
- Experience with git and various git workflows, or alternative configuration management workflows.
- Experience developing software with a Continuous Integration build and test system.
Labor Category: Software Systems Engineer VI
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills