BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Mid Network Security Engineer
- Job Title
- Mid Network Security Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Pasadena, CA
- Other Location
Required Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of with Palo Alto or Juniper Firewall engineering experience.
- 5+ years of experience in firewall installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
We are seeking a Network Security Engineer in support of Jet Propulsion Laboratory, to provide institutional and flight customers with advanced networking solutions and support. As a Network Security Engineer you will resolve one-off application and hardware integration issues, gather application requirements, implement standards, make best-practice recommendations, and find resolutions to complex issues, to and including mission critical systems resilient network connectivity within campus, and our business partners.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Practical knowledge of protocols OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, MPLS, VRF, IPSEC, QOS, DNS, VTP, Broadcast, Multicast and GRE.
- Practical working knowledge of Juniper SRX, Cisco ACS, F5 security module, and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Practical working knowledge of Pulse Secure VPN and NAC profiler.
- Working knowledge of Cloud security and cloud best practices.
- Understanding and wide application of advanced principles, theories, concepts and techniques in network and communications engineering.
- Knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards for firewalls, WANs and LANs and telecommunication interfaces, with a working knowledge of network security and network security practices, support of a Security Operations Center, network switch and routing protocols, familiarity of network services applications.
- Ability to perform problem identification, reporting, and resolution of task.
- Knowledge of applicable industry and/or academic practices and standards in Virtual Private Networks.
- Working knowledge of NAC 802.1x, SSL decrypt, and Certificate base authentications deployments.
- Knowledge of DDOS mitigation, URL filtering, Proxies, CASB, NAC, and SSL decryption.
- Experience with designing high traffic networks and security practices for Data Center Networks, which includes security, traffic engineering, network redundancy, and disaster recovery.
- Multidisciplinary knowledge regularly used in the application and development of advanced principles, theories and concepts in network engineering and operations.
- Experience with network automation via a programming language.
- Working knowledge of a programming language like Python, Shell, Bash, Perl, Java, API, Ansible, JSON, SOAP, Ruby, or REST.
- Extensive experience gathering requirements from different business units, stakeholders and engineering teams.
- Recent experience in systems engineering applied to computing or network architectures.
- Achievement in developing breakthrough solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Cross-functional Network Project Management experience a plus.
Labor Category: Network Engineer III
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills