A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Quality Control Lead
- Job Title
- Quality Control Lead
- Job ID
- Newport News, VA
- Other Location
Quality Control Lead
Newport News, VA or Herndon,VA
Secret Clearance required or the ability to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance
Talent Orchard, LLC has been contracted by a top defense firm in their search for a Quality Control Lead professional for opportunities in Norfolk, VA or Herndon, VA
- Manages multiple new or existing organization process improvement initiatives based on company strategic plans.
- Manages program, project managers, and respective teams to implement organizational processes and best practices.
- Requires an expertise in managing software development, operations, help desk, and maintenance programs, quality assurance teams, and process improvement initiatives.
- Must be able to implement and maintain ISO 20000, ISO 27000, ISO 9001, CMMI-DEV, CMMI-SVC programs from ground up.
- Must be able to implement and maintain a Customer Satisfaction Program; regularly meets with customers and obtains feedback via face-to-face meetings and/or online customer satisfaction surveys.
- Performs SWOTs as appropriate.
- Manages the performance of project evaluations, gap analyses, audits, and action plans.
- Responsible for company process improvement initiatives; back office support (finance, HR, recruiting, etc.), services (ISO, ITIL, CMMI-SVC Level 3), and development projects (CMMI-DEV Level 3).
- Manages the development and/or modification of processes, procedures, templates, and other process artifacts for organizational process improvement efforts.
- Performs management functions such as: planning/scheduling, training and mentorship to personnel, ensuring proper resourcing, and status reporting to senior management for all process improvement, QA, and customer satisfaction activities.
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a Secret Clearance or to the ability to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance.
- Highly motivated and self‐directed capable of multi‐tasking, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Agile leadership abilities and the capability of motivating a diverse team.
- Extremely detail‐oriented and analytical thinker.
- Able to interface directly with cross‐functional scrum teams.
- Ability to create and review technical documentation, including project plans, test procedures, and design documents.
- Able to develop, review, and maintain metrics and quality audits.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- A well‐defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Practical experience with risk management, product testing, capability studies, and control plans.
- Training and knowledge of Six Sigma techniques and Lean Manufacturing are desirable.