Process Engineer - Chemical Manufacturing
- Job Title
- Process Engineer - Chemical Manufacturing
- Job Order ID
- Begin Date
- Fernandina Beach, FL
- Other Location
A Northeast Florida, Nassau County Company making a significant positive impact on energy efficiency and Greenhouse Gas emissions is looking to hire a Process Engineer.
The Process Engineer performs complex engineering tasks for the planning, design, development, implementation, documentation and support of process control systems and activities within operations. This position will apply Lean Principles and thinking to support tactical and strategic improvements for operations that have a direct impact on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
The Process Engineer will work both independently on specific key projects as well as support departments within the organization as a cross-functional contributor. The deriving of key focus projects, observing the reliability of process controls with the production team and supporting cross-functional department projects such as quality/equipment/maintenance improvements will be key areas for the position. The Process Engineer will drive and oversee the Change Management Process for the manufacturing operations team. This position will need to demonstrate a sound execution of project management as well as be able to communicate efficiently and effectively within the operations department, cross-functional departments and international teams.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering and 8-10 years chemical plant experience
- Standard and legal requirements when conducting process improvements.
- Derive quality and process improvements from plant and department key performance indicators by using analytical tools, monitoring techniques and consistent shop-floor engagement.
- Establish professional relationship with relevant internal/external customers and suppliers to ensure that there is excellent and professional communication, coordination and collaboration and consistent progress from supply to packaging process.
- Directly support product operations manager and operations department to ensure plant productivity and profitability are maximized; actively look for areas of improvement and lead respective improvements with the Shift Engineering Supervisor teams.
- Assist with developing and maintaining a capital plan for department that is directly linked to the overall plant’s capital plan. Responsible for managing defined level of capital expenditure projects as assigned.
- Work closely with all operations teams such as maintenance, packaging, shipping as well as with the quality department associates.
- Establish and monitor programs for critical equipment analysis and condition monitoring techniques.
- Apply regular shop floor observations, control charting and equipment instrumentation to ensure that equipment is performing effectively and efficiently.
- Performs engineering tasks in support of the overall Process Control Systems strategy for the plant operations; will help lead and monitor the Change Management process for the plant/production team
- Support updating software/ documents when required (Delta V system); Maintains a computing operating systems and development architecture that provides a stable environment for creating and revising all process control systems and application.
- Maintains up to date application and systems documentation, software revision controls, and interface definitions for applications and systems.
- Develop and conduct training to respective personnel.
- Will be the proxy for key operation positions during extended out of office situations
Competitive Salary based on experience and Relocation available for the right candidate.
- Required Skills
B.S. in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering
- Pay Range
- $75,000.00 Annually to $85,000.00 Annually