Quality Assurance Tester
- Job Title
- Quality Assurance Tester
- Job ID
- Cleveland, OH 44136
- Other Location
About Us: NexGoal is a corporate recruiting firm that places high quality, competitive and driven former athletes in careers with our corporate partners.
Position Our Client Is Hiring: Quality Assurance Tester
Our Client's Location: Cleveland, OH
Our Client's Company Profile: Our client is a nationwide consumer direct and traditional mortgage company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze functional requirements to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications and map test case requirements and design test plan.
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data and data validation.
- Execute test cases and validate result and ensure that validated deliverables meet functional requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, document and report defects to the technical team and verify defect fixes.
- Work with cross functional teams (Project Manager, Business Analyst, Development team and business team).
- Proven experience as Quality Assurance Tester or similar role.
- Experience in QA testing methodology.
- Experience creating clear, concise detail-oriented test plans/cases.
- Ability to articulate and troubleshoot errors/defects.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate findings to developers & other stakeholders.
- Displays creativity & abstract-thinking when finding and solving problems.
- Good time management skills with focus on deadlines and deliverables.
- Strong organizational skills.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- 3+ years of relevant Quality Assurance Testing or similar role experience.
- 2+ year experience in Software Development and familiar with waterfall and or Agile team development environments.
- Experience with testing strategies and tools.
- Mortgage experience is required.
- Knowledge in Ellie Mae Encompass platform is a plus