A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Relationship Manager - Commercial Real Estate
- Job Title
- Relationship Manager - Commercial Real Estate
- Job ID
- Alexandria, VA 22314
- Other Location
Relationship Manager – Commercial Real Estate
@Orchard LLC has been retained by an exceptional Community Bank, based in Alexandria VA to recruit an experienced Relationship Manager – Commercial Lending responsible for managing an existing commercial real estate loan portfolio, generates additional new Commercial Real Estate business for the bank and processes commercial real estate loan requests. The position will require ongoing oversight and management of key commercial real estate relationships.
The right candidate will be located within the Northern Virginia region and have an established network of relationships with prospective customers and will be willing to be engaged with local professional associations and committees associated with the commercial real estate sector.
Are you ready;
- To be part of a very engaged team of professionals networked into the commercial real estate community within Northern VA?
- To hold leadership roles within associations and committees that will help build the reputation and business opportunities for the bank?
- Partner with clients in the range up to $50M with individuals deals up to around $20M across all asset classes?
- Work within a Community Bank setting where you are expected to own the process, work with internal credit and risk partners but understand you are the primary driver for success (not just a lead generator, but a business closer)?
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In this role you will be responsible for;
- The management of an existing, commercial real estate client base and loan portfolio.
- Engaging clients in a positive, professional manner.
- Monitoring the performance of borrowers and projects, visit projects, evaluate market trends and work with associates within the CRE Group to ensure that the Bank stays current with respect to financial and project information.
- New loan and deposit business development, generated from deepening existing loan relationships and proactively establishing new relationships for the Bank.
- Taking an active role in all aspects of new loan origination including approval of term sheet, working with the credit underwriter in their preparation of the loan approval package, and working with outside counsel and the loan closing group to ensure the loan is documented in accordance with the approved terms and Bank policy.
- Provide referrals for cash management, Trust/Wealth Management and consumer mortgage opportunities to Burke & Herbert Bank associates.
- Attend commercial real estate related events sponsored by the local chapters of various real estate related associations.
- Comply with all policies and procedures as applied to the Bank's BSA/AML policy.
- The single most important attribute is a positive and engaging attitude and willingness to proactively engage the business community to develop opportunities and enhance the reputation of the bank.
- Prior experience as a Relationship Banker within Commercial Real Estate is required, as is knowledge of the local Northern Virginia real estate sector.
- Formal credit training is strongly preferred while a demonstrated understanding of the underwriting and structuring of commercial real estate loans is a requirement.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years commercial real estate lending experience in the Northern Virginia or DC Metro market preferred.
- Commercial real estate credit training.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.