- Job Title
- Fleet Technician
- Portland, ME
- Other Location
Are you tired of working on the same thing over and over? Do you love working with your hands and finding solutions to complex problems? If you're someone who is ambitious and would like to work on a variety of equipment, consider a career at On Target!
We are looking for an experienced Fleet Mechanic to work on bucket trucks, digger derricks, pickups, trailers, and other miscellaneous equipment.
The starting pay for this position is $25-$29/hour depending on experience. Relocation assistance is available.
This position's schedule is from 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Overtime will be required.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits)
We believe that our employees are the reason for our success, so we offer an array of benefits that include:
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- Company provided uniforms
- Boot allowance
Responsibilities & Requirements
You'll be working closely with other technicians and customers with limited amount of supervision. This position is a phenomenal opportunity for those who like to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Prior experience with light, medium/heavy trucks as well as welding & hydraulic experience
- A, D, E & T Maine State Inspection Licenses
- CDL preferred or the ability to obtain a Class A within 12 months of hire, company will assist with permit and training
- A.S.E. Certification in heavy truck, air brake minimum
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Conscientious about work quality
- Have your own set of tools
- Willing to work outside in all-weather when needed
- Walk, bend and lift up to 75 pounds
- Reach & grab tools and equipment
- Stand in one place for long periods of time
- Occasionally willing to work outside of normally scheduled hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.