BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Cloud Software Engineer
- Job Title
- Cloud Software Engineer
- Requirement ID
- Herndon, VA
- Other Location
- Washington, DC
Seeking a motivated Software Engineer with experience developing enterprise C2S cloud applications supporting the U.S. Government.
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI (with ability to obtain CI poly, we will start the process)
Security Clearance Requirements: Every candidate must be a U.S. citizen, hold a current TS/SCI level security clearance and take and pass a CI polygraph.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 4+ years of full-stack development experience in C2S cloud environments.
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts and fundamentals (serverless, scalability, high availability, and durability).
- Relational and NoSQL database design, implementation, configuration, and query experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data indexes (ElasticSearch or Lucene).
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Node.js, Angular.js, and React.
- Comfortable working with Linux or Unix-based operating systems (i.e. command line operations, bash scripting).
- Demonstrable Configuration Management (CM) experience using Git and familiarity with branching strategies.
- Experience building automation and Infrastructure as Code (i.e. CloudFormation).
- Demonstrable knowledge of AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudFormation, EC2, ALB, IAM, and SQS.
- Familiarity with RMF+ security accreditation process and experiencing coding to security standards and best practices (i.e. end-to-end encryption).
- General awareness of / experience with popular open source frameworks, libraries, and packages.
- Ability to determine technical direction from high-level requirements.
- DOD 8570 IT Level II
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 15 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills