A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
HR Operations and HRIS Consultant
- Job Title
- HR Operations and HRIS Consultant
- Job ID
- MORRISTOWN, NJ 07960
- Other Location
HR Operations & HRIS (WorkDay) Lead
Morristown, New Jersey
- As an HR Consultant;
- Have you ever wanted to put those great ideas you have for the best in class HR Operations organization in practice?
- Would the opportunity to collaborate in a small team to shape the operational execution of a new HR Strategy within a firm going through transformation excite you?
- Do you believe in your abilities to optimize WorkDay from an HRIS standpoint and have the record of accomplishment to show that belief?
- Are you looking to support a company in transition, that makes products with real value positively impacting the health of your community?
If the answer to these questions is a resounding “yes”, then keep reading and let us know all about you.
@Orchard LLC (formerly Talent Orchard), has an exciting contract opportunity to join the HR team of a pharmaceutical firm focused upon finding solutions to treating Infectious Diseases. Our client is in the midst of major restructuring and needs a consultant to assist with a variety of HR Operations and HRIS tasks in their Morristown head office. This role could ultimately morph into a salaried position, based upon decisions being made within the leadership of the firm and the success of the individual in the role.
As an HR Operations & HRIS Consultant you will;
- Lead HR Operations ensuring that the delivery of HR services meets business, service level, and cost requirements.
- Oversee the design and continuous improvement of core HR processes and policies and drives operational excellence and delivery.
- Lead the management and coordination of daily HR operations including employment actions, benefits, employee health wellness, compliance, employee programs, HRIS (WorkDay) administration, reporting and analysis.
- Ensure processes, policies and practices are interpreted and applied consistently and effectively; ensures accountability and compliance with all current and applicable state and federal laws related to Human Resources.
The HR Team at the client is highly collaborative and it is essential all members are adaptable and willing to pick up tasks as needed for the benefit of all. The role is both a strategic and hands-on role with primary emphasis placed upon the leadership of HR Operations activities and the optimization of our HRIS system. Beyond these core tasks, as a member of HR leadership, the right individual will be in continual contact with benefits providers, business leadership and talent acquisition and talent management teams. This position requires strong knowledge in ERISA, ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, FSA, HSA, FMLA, time off, and other state or local regulations for benefit programs in the United States.
Are you ready to;
- Develop a strong understanding of the company’s corporate/HR culture, operations, and goals in order to develop HR processes and systems that complement and support the organization?
- Build strong professional relationships and lines of communication across the organization in order to facilitate collaboration and partnership around HR operations, Benefits, and HRIS systems?
- Apply advanced knowledge and understanding of the WorkDay platform to ensure all employee data is accurate, current and compliant with all regulations.
- Develop reporting capabilities within WorkDay to provide the organization, HR, and Leadership with actionable information that provides insights useful to the strategic direction of the firm.
- Lead the Day-One new hire process and ensure compliance with all background checks, new hire records and other administrative forms, reports, and provisioning of supplies, including equipment, in partnership with IT and our vendors.
- Create and document process workflows in partnership with HR team for the full employee lifecycle
- Assists with the development of reports from HR systems involving employee data including but not limited to hiring & selection, turnover, performance, pay, employee engagement, training, skills, EEO and Affirmative Action.
- Partner with key stakeholders to create and execute a comprehensive communication and education plan focused on driving employee engagement in their financial health and well-being.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the company’s employee wellness strategy, both from a financial and health perspective.
- Develop policies and manage leaves of absences and time off, working in partnership with the outsourced leave administration vendor and HR Business Partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience in implementing and managing HR operations.
- Prior experience with operational oversight of the WorkDay HRIS platform.
- A strong broad base of HR knowledge across all HR disciplines preferred
- Well-developed management skills, evidencing the ability to hire, develop and motivate direct reports
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to organize, execute and plan projects
- Ability to develop detailed work plans with appropriate resource requirements and prioritization of tasks
- Extensive experience in vendor management and contract negotiation
- Strong technical management and support skills, evidencing the ability to work with internal customers to identify and resolve business issues in an innovative manner; and the ability to envision, model and perform system configuration of complex data and workflows
- Experience building reports, defining requirements and understanding how information is organized
- Strong analytical skills and proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.), Workday HCM and Benefits is desirable
- Ability to work independently but collaborate in a team environment
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.
- As an HR Consultant;