BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
Front End Developer
- Job Title
- Front End Developer
- Requirement ID
- Linthicum Heights, MD 21090
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: A current government security clearance is not required on day one, but will be processed for one and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5-15 years of related experience. 3 years may be ideal if candidate has high end experience.
Required Certification: N/A
- Assist with the maintenance and upkeep of front end applications
- Work in a fast paced team environment, maintaining and updating front end applications for Big Data platforms
- Troubleshooting customer reported issues in applications and providing support
- Engage in quality assurance testing with an emphasis on troubleshooting cross browser client issues
- Must have: Spark, Scala, Map Reduce, Java, Java Script, HTML 5
- Familiarity with Git and Jira or other version control and issue tracking software
- Comfortable working on a Linux command line
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize open issues / tickets accordingly
Preferences: CSS and/or Angular JS is a plus, or similar framework.
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills