A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Senior System Safety Engineer
- Job Title
- Senior System Safety Engineer
- Job ID
- York, PA 17408
- Other Location
Senior System Safety Engineer
York, PA 17408
@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has been retained by a large Federal Systems Integration firm to recruit a Sr. Systems Safety Engineer to support their team in York, PA. This is an exciting opportunity to support one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 company. The company works in a fast paced environment with over 84, 000 employees worldwide. Period of performance will be 1 year with potential to extend beyond the said initial period and will be employed by @Orchard during the contract period.
Senior Systems Safety Engineer will support M88FOV program for evaluating design changes and modifications for safety implications and recommending improvements where feasible. In this role, you will interact closely with lead safety engineer and design engineers.
- Conducts rigorous safety analyses that identify potential hazards in design and strives to eliminate or mitigate these hazards through design influence, application of safety interlocks and/or development of appropriate warnings.
- Provides hazard analyses, design recommendations, risk assessments, safety assessment reports, safety bulletins, and support to proposals and/or work directives.
- Provides engineering support that ensures safety, consistent with mission requirements, is designed into systems, subsystems, equipment and related interfaces, as required by government contracts.
- Assists with development and update of program plans and interacts with various technical disciplines for design enhancement.
- Influences design and works across lines of management.
- Ensures technical outcomes are consistent with established engineering principles and practices and that customer and company technical, system, performance, and quality requirements are met.
Experience/Skill Set Required:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering (preferably mechanical, electrical, aerospace, or software engineering) plus 4 additional years of relevant experience; or a M.S. degree and 3 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Safety Experience using MIL-STD-882E. Working knowledge of writing hazards (including cause and effect) and development of mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrated experience writing hazards (including cause and effect) and developing mitigation strategies.
- Working knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a relevant technical field of specialization.
- Familiarity with current computer applications and technologies in applicable engineering disciplines.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with customers to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical results to customers.
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.