A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
- Job Title
- Powertrain Engineer
- Job ID
- Sterling Heights, MI 48312
- Other Location
Sterling Heights, MI
@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has been retained by a large Federal Systems Integration firm to recruit a Powertrain Engineer to support their team in Sterling Heights, MI. This is an exciting opportunity to support one of the largest defense contractors that has over $22.59 billion dollars in revenue and is a publicly traded company. The company works in a fast paced environment with over 84, 000 employees worldwide. Period of performance will be 5 months with potential to extend beyond the said initial period and will be employed by @Orchard during the contract period.
This position will support design, development, integration and testing of new power train components onto a heavy tracked vehicle. Applies knowledge of multiple engineering principles and disciplines, including customer understanding as well as in-depth knowledge of assigned product or technology area in guiding and reviewing project direction and outcomes. Maintains state-of-the-art familiarity with industry practices, trends, and applications to enhance the organization’s technical capabilities. Conceptualizes, creates, and analyzes designs to ensure technical outcomes are consistent with customer and company requirements. Experience using lab test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, power analyzers, CAN bus diagnostics tools, data acquisition such as LabVIEW for test and verification, is desired. Familiarity with DC and AC military specification or commercial power standards and testing requirements is also desirable. The candidate must be willing to work in a lab environment with high voltage and high current components. The candidate must have the ability to access and move about a large military vehicle during integration and test activities. Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies
Experience/Skill Set Required:
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant technical discipline plus 4 years of relevant experience
- General knowledge of Powertrain Controls for Diesel Engines and Transmission
- Expertise in Vehicle CAN Networking and CAN networking tools like CANOE/CANalyzer. Understanding and creation of CAN bus DBC files.
- Power and Signal interface management experience for engine and transmission controllers.
- Expertise with computing, data distribution/networking components and systems, and protocols, including SAEJ1939/CAN Bus, and Ethernet.
- Experience using lab test equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, network analyzers, CAN bus analyzers, data acquisition) for test and verification.
- Proactive attitude, leadership and interpersonal skills, work planning and data analysis skills.
- The integrated product team (IPT) environment of this project requires excellent teamwork skills, technical writing skills, and oral communication skills
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.