Registered Nurse (RN) Education Coordinator
- Job Title
- Registered Nurse (RN) Education Coordinator
- Job ID
- CHINO, CA 91710-2980
- Other Location
At Flex Ed, we have spent the last 30 years providing affordable educational resources to healthcare facilities throughout California, and Nevada. Our course topics range from the full array of American Heart Association courses (ACLS, BLS, PALS) to introductory courses in specialty areas such as Critical Care, DOU/Telemetry, OB, and more.
Registered Nurse (RN) Education Coordinator
The Education Coordinator (EC) is the liaison between client hospitals and the Flex Ed organization. The functions of the EC include all aspects of staff education calendar planning and course scheduling with assigned hospitals, assisting with developing new hire orientations, coordinating and overseeing hospital annual skills days, creating hospital education documents such as annual re-orientation modules, and other needed educational materials as requested by client hospitals. The EC position requires some travel on a regular basis for meetings with key leaders at assigned hospitals in California.
- Works with an assigned Facilities Liaisons as needed. Delegates appropriately and provides appropriate feedback.
- Manages all aspects of education coordination at assigned hospitals.
- Regular meetings and/ phone/email contact (at least 2-4 times/month) or as needed with key hospital/Client leaders to review educational plans and needs.
- Assists in the development and implementation of orientation programs, in-services and continuing education for the nursing and ancillary staff in designated hospitals as applicable.
- Determines type of courses needed per hospital request and works with hospital administrators to ensure feasibility.
- Coordinates classes with area hospitals to minimize duplication of classes,
- Develops an online annual needs assessment form, summarizes responses into a formal report.
- Assists in development of an annual calendar based on needs assessment summary
- Ensures new hire orientation materials are kept current at all times and revises materials as needed with hospital approval.
- Develops and implements annual update for all hospital personnel.
- Coordinates Annual Skills Days planning and develops handouts and materials per facility needs.
- Obtains facility approval of course schedule.
- Ensures copying of handouts is completed as applicable.
- Interacts in a timely and professional with vendor representatives; coordinates equipment demonstrations as requested by hospitals.
- Attends and other meetings as requested by hospital clients.
- Prepares a report of activities (facility visit summary report) and meets with their supervisor regularly as requested.
- Attends daily huddle meetings.
- Ensures all course materials are developed according to community and company standards.
- Communicates the needs of the hospitals/facilities with the liaisons and Educational Service Providers (ESP’s) as applicable.
- Ensures ESP’s have the appropriate objectives for each course as requested by client hospitals.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting business and hospital needs. Covers meetings on behalf of anyone in the company as requested. Willingness to travel as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, , healthcare related field, or comparable education. May consider candidates that can complete their Bachelor’s Degree within 6 - 12 months of hire.
Certifications and Licensure:
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in California.
- Valid California Driver’s License and personal automobile liability insurance.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, 401K retirement plan, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. We work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.