Structural CAD Designer
- Job Title
- Structural CAD Designer
- Job ID
- Fort Worth, TX 76106
- Other Location
Our client is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm located in Fort Worth, TX. A few of their specialties include engineering and inspecting of home and commercial foundation designs, external wall/wind bracing designs, retaining wall designs, soil testing for residential and commercial foundations, and a wide variety of inspections before, during and after the design process.
Structural CAD Designer
Our client is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm located in Fort Worth, TX who has an immediate opening for a Structural CAD Designer. The firm provides land development and municipal engineering services, including structural, geotechnical, and construction inspection.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the position of Structural CAD Designer with knowledge of post-tension foundations, wind bracing, and framing designs for residential homes. This position will be focused primarily on framing designs and plan production.
You may also assist project managers in developing and processing designs by performing due diligence, engineering calculations and design, and technical writing.
- Have an understanding of structural designs for residential homes.
- Develop and implement structural designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches.
- Design complete building packages: foundation, framing and wind bracing.
- Design commercial foundations and shop drawings.
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data.
- Make the necessary changes to the designs, drawings or specifications.
- Have the ability to produce accurate work and be detail oriented.
- Work closely with Engineers and Project Managers to obtain project information and produce complete designs.
- Associates degree in Drafting and Design or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in civil engineering drafting for projects such as residential structural designs and plan production.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, as well as relevant software programs which may include AutoCAD Civil3D. Utilize relevant software programs to prepare exhibits and complex working drawings.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements within the State of Texas.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #IDIT