A LEADING PROVIDER OF
TECHNICAL WORKFORCE SOLUTIONS
SBA 8(a) | Woman-owned Small Business
Sr. Network Engineer
- Job Title
- Sr. Network Engineer
- Job ID
- Reston, VA 20190
- Other Location
Sr. Network Engineer
@Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has been an opening to support our large Federal Systems Integration firm for a Sr. Network Engineer in Reston, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to support one of the largest defense contractors that has over $22.59 billion dollars in revenue and is a publically traded company. The company works in a fast paced environment with over 84, 000 employees worldwide. This is a temp-to-hire opportunity with contract duration set for a period of at least 6 Months.
Design and plan network communication systems. Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conduct testing of network design. Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing. Also involved with installation, maintenance, advance troubleshooting and administration of existing network systems. Work with end-users and responds to user inquiries. Modify configurations and standard templates. Participate in major network installations and upgrades. Trouble shoot complex network problems. Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriated resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance. Present recommendations of network interfaces and configurations.
Experience/Skill Set Required:
- Bachelor's Degree and 5-10 years of work experience (OR) equivalent experience supporting Cisco networks.
- Cisco CCNA Certification or equivalent experience and training certificates in support Cisco networks.
- Proficient in supporting Cisco Switching, routing and wireless environments.
- Must have solid understanding of physical layer infrastructure
- Good communications skills and ability to work with "technical smarthands" over phone
- Proficient user of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite (ie Excel)
- Work independently while practicing defined processes.
- Knowledge of Cisco PRIME Management Systems
- Knowledge of Cisco ISE and Network Access Control (NAC) networks
- Good understanding of Remedy Ticketing System 4. Familiar with other network tools such as NetBrain and/or Infoblox DHCP/DNS
- Cisco CCNP certification in switching and/or wireless networks
Established in 2010, @Orchard (formerly Talent Orchard) has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atorchard.com.