Option 1: Create a New Profile
Assistant, Member Programs
- Job Title
- Assistant, Member Programs
- Job ID
- Houston, TX 77010
- Other Location
Assistant, Member Programs
WHO WE ARE
The Partnership is a place for community-minded business leaders who want to be involved in Houston’s positive growth and influence the direction in which Houston is going. Through the dedicated efforts of our members, the Partnership addresses Houston’s unique challenges, and champions the growth and success of our region.
Since 1840, the Greater Houston Partnership has strived to make the region the best place to live, work and build a business. We serve over 1,100 member companies in the 11-county Houston region including Austin, Brazoria, Chambers, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Liberty, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker and Waller counties.
Join us as we work together to make Houston greater.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR TODAY
The Partnership is looking for a result driven, collaborative, detail-oriented assistant to join the Member programs department. The Member Engagement Division is responsible for the attraction, retention and engagement of members. To achieve this, the Member Engagement Division works to secure adequate funding for the organization through membership, events and special initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Director, Member Programs the assistant is responsible for supporting Member Programs, including event preparation and day-of event logistics for Business Resource Groups (BRGs) and Councils. The assistant will support the department with member engagement and event project management to ensure each function is executed to its highest potential and meeting the Partnership’s standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following responsibilities are essential to job performance:
- Provide administrative support to the Member Engagement and Programs Management teams of the Member Engagement Division.
- Assist with invoicing, collections, tracking and forecasting: verifying amounts and contact information, addressing member inquiries and requests, tracking collections in weekly At-A-Glance report and the annual forecasting spreadsheet.
- Assist with event preparation logistics, speaker outreach, attendee registrations and day-of execution for Partnership Council and Business Resource Group meetings and events.
- Provide project management support by entering event tasks in Basecamp system and assist team with tracking fulfillment of tasks by project owner.
- Work closely with the Director, Member Engagement and Programs to organize and collect data from the membership data systems to create reports and identify opportunities and trends as appropriate.
- Assist in daily needs for department such as handling correspondence, telephone contact & inquiries, ordering supplies, and mail.
- Support collection of account receivables after each event.
- Interface with Partnership members (written, telephone and face-to-face communications), Partnership staff, community contacts, and event vendors as necessary.
- Assist in coordinating follow up action items from weekly team meetings.
- Organize supporting materials for meetings and events.
- Assist in preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Work with confidential matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The following knowledge, skills and abilities are desirable for job success:
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Key attributes: passion, purpose, curiosity, foresight, critical thinking and imagination
- Ability and flexibility to prioritize assignments and manage multiple activities in a deadline-oriented environment
- The ideal candidate will thrive on building relationships with members to enhance engagement and retention efforts. S/he will have emotional intelligence, flexibility, tenacity and focus to achieve the desired results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required to complete work assignments
- Project and event management experience is strongly preferred
- Proficiency using Sales Force and database management system software
- Professional appearance
- Preference for working with all levels of internal and external contacts
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and tact
- Excellent attention to detail
- Preference for fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and directed
- Ability to work in a team environment and share tasks
- Flexibility to work some overtime, as necessary
- Bilingual helpful
- Must possess the ability to work with all levels of management both internally and externally to the Partnership
Behavioral Competencies-Attributes, Behaviors, and Characteristics (ABS’s)
Teamwork The campaign coordinator balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit and exhibits objectivity and openness to others
Member-engagement focused Involves and engages members at every opportunity. Manages member bandwidth; recruits’ members to serve as volunteers; Engages members at levels commensurate with their interests and capacity; Creates feeling of success among members; understands, relates to, and anticipates members’ needs and expectations.
Collaborative Builds bridges internally/externally; Works with others to achieve common goals; respectful; forms teams; gets to “yes”
Adaptability Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Manages competing demands
HS Diploma required
Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
Minimum of 1-3 years as an administrative or programs assistant in non-profit or membership-driven organization
- Good vision and hearing acuity (with adaptive aids if necessary).
- Manual dexterity and skillful use of computer keyboard.
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, and walking. Must be able to move or lift approximately 25 pounds on occasion.
Mental and Aptitude Requirements
Job requires the ability to hear, see, and talk; analytical, conceptual, problem-solving, planning and decision-making skills.
Adhere to office safety guidelines as outlined in the employee safety and health section in the employee handbook.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to such factors as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other reason prohibited by law.
The Greater Houston Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer.