BE A SPARK IN OUR INDUSTRY
JOIN THE METRONOME FAMILY
Every individual has unique passions, career goals, and personal values. We are here to make the connection between those and the needs of our customers. When the stars align, we welcome our new employees - or Pulsers as we like to call them - to the family. We offer competitive benefits to ensure that our Pulsers are well taken care of for whatever comes their way.
- Job Title
- Ticket Manager
- Requirement ID
- Springfield, VA
- Other Location
Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI
Required Education and Experience: 5 to 8 years’ of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
Required Certification: N/A
Ticket Managers support the overall program’s requirement to effectively provide data center services through timely and efficient resolution of customer requests via the agency’s ticketing system.
- Manage tickets and ensure adequate workflow through ticket lifecycle.
- Identify gaps in ticket workflow processes.
- Develop and implement effective ticket management and lifecycle processes.
- Enhance program reporting; develop and implement new reports and queries to status all types of tickets in various states for the program.
- Perform data analysis and provide metrics and statistical data as required.
- Ensure proper ticket assignment to support groups for triage, troubleshooting, and resolution.
- Assist with ticket quality, proper routing and assignment, documentation, and trend analysis.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of customer requests.
- Review newly submitted customer requirements and perform validation.
- Perform change management functions and oversee implementation of changes.
- Manage change requests projects, enhance tracking and management of standard change expenditures.
- Create, develop, and maintain system knowledge articles and documentation.
- Provide ticketing system training as required.
- Maintain current and relevant knowledge of ticket status and identify workflow gaps.
- Assist in continuous improvements by providing recommendations to assist program in enhancement of exceptional delivery of data center services.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Ticket Managers (TM) work as part of an elite and agile team responsible for maintaining and improving program responsibilities through efficient ticket management processes. The TM will be expected to proactively interact with customers and engineers in an effort to assist with expeditious responses and resolution of customer incident tickets and change requests. TMs are expected to oversee multiple queues and ensure tickets are properly assigned to groups and technicians when applicable allowing for timely triage, troubleshooting, and resolution. TMs are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills. TMs will assist with capacity tracking, incident and change management, proper ticket routing and assignment, and metric analysis and presentation.
Candidate will be expected to coordinate the change process with the government customer and act as a liaison to ensure that DCS Engineers and Technicians follow established processes. Candidate will be able to guide modifications to the change process and document adherence to the process. Candidate must demonstrate sufficient IT technical knowledge to provide advice and guidance to fellow contractors and government customers. Candidate will be expected to attend and occasionally brief and lead meetings utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint, Service Now reports and dashboards, Remedy Analytics Reports, as well as Visualization Software such as Tableau. Candidate must be able to explain not only the process but the underlying reasoning for the process to assist others in complying with it.
Candidate must be proactive and able to work with minimal supervision. Candidate must have excellent customer service skills as they will frequently interact with end customers and government leadership personnel. Candidate must have knowledge and experience necessary to apply logical precedent to handle one-off and unusual situations.
This position will provide assistance with Incident, Change, Problem Tickets, and Knowledge Management Articles for the Data Center Services (DCS) Contractor managers and the DCS Program Management Office supporting NGA. Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Act as the interface/liaison between customers, engineers, and the government.
- Oversee support group queues and tickets for the program.
- Monitor and enhance ticket workflow.
- Assist program with obtaining required information necessary to fulfill and implement fixes and changes.
- Create and analyze reports and data visualizations to monitor program performance with regards to ticket resolutions and closures.
- Interpret and validate customer requirements and manage implementation of standard change requests.
- Maintain knowledge of catalog offerings and track standard change capacity expenditures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of program teams, roles and responsibilities, and programmatic business changes.
- Have experience listed under Functional Responsibilities.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
- Software package/binary deployment (XenApp, ThinApp, AppV, SCCM)
- Thin Client operating systems and virtual hosted desktop OS (Windows 7, Win XP, Windows Embedded 2009).
- Client operating systems (XP, Windows 7, Windows 10).
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (ESX/vSphere4, XenDesktop).
- Proficiency with querying databases utilizing SQL statements.
- Proficiency with the use of Remedy ITSM and/or ServiceNOW
Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Must be able to support a flexible work schedule of 6am to 6pm. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the work day.
Successful Completion of a Background Screening/Check/Investigation will/may be required as a condition of hire.
Employment Type: Full-time / Exempt
Metronome offers competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, not all inclusive – Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance, Paid Time-Off & Company Paid Holidays, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Metronome LLC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment, to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Metronome LLC shall provide reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Metronome can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on business operations. Applicants requesting a reasonable accommodation may make a request by contacting us.
- Required Skills